• Member Statistics

    16,739
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Bluewater Performance
    Newest Member
    Bluewater Performance
    Joined
wdrag

Obs and nowcast Major Nor'easter near blizzard Sunday afternoon Jan 31 - Sunrise Wednesday Feb 3

Recommended Posts

These bands are coming in hot and heavy from the ocean,whats even crazier is the fact that the coastal is causing the northern precip shield to erode and get spotty..n.y.c is getting roasted rn.!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23°F/-4° - 6-7 inches Allentown, PA - Just finished plowing, cold and moderate wind, only main avenues plowed, barely anyone out on. Steady heavy snow now, covering everything I just plowed! Worth it though, love the snow. Keep it coming!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Light to moderate snow here in SW Suffolk and 31°. I am under that 30 DBZ yellow band on radar. The higher reflectivities are  more a function of the very large snow flakes than the actual rate of the snow here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

These bands are coming in hot and heavy from the ocean,whats even crazier is the fact that the coastal is causing the northern precip shield to erode and get spotty..n.y.c is getting roasted rn.!!

Not sure about the northern shield getting spotty? We have heavy snow falling here Vernon, NJ Sussex county.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far amounts seem slightly lower than expected for immediate NYC metro

Central Park 7 AM: 5.3"

3K Nam before the storm estimated 7.1" at 7AM for Manhattan.

My immediate area seems under 5" still, but it is near impossible to judge here. I can still see huge areas of bare ground due to the winds. My immediate area never accumulates snow, just too windy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sussexcountyobs said:

Not sure about the northern shield getting spotty? We have heavy snow falling here Vernon, NJ Sussex county.

I'm talking more up towards upstate ny..and ct..if look at the radar you can see everything transferring to the coastal..we are in great position but the more north and west you go it might be interesting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Light to moderate snow here in SW Suffolk and 31°. I am under that 30 DBZ yellow band on radar. The higher reflectivities are  more a function of the very large snow flakes than the actual rate of the snow here.

Your temps falling back at all? I’ve lost a degree in the last hour 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, alexj7 said:

So far amounts seem slightly lower than expected for immediate NYC metro

Central Park 7 AM: 5.3"

3K Nam before the storm estimated 7.1" at 7AM for Manhattan.

My immediate area seems under 5" still, but it is near impossible to judge here. I can still see huge areas of bare ground due to the winds. My immediate area never accumulates snow, just too windy.

Yeah it doesn't have the look of an 18-20 incher to me: but this is longer duration than storms we've had in recent years, which were quicker and heavier IIRC. We've not seen sleet here since daybreak; not sure what happened over night; it is snowing steadily but not "puking" as some would characterize it.....I already had some pretty heavy duty drifts this morning that challenged the machinery; so can't really complain. We'll see what Act 2 has to offer....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MJO812 said:

Nam crushes the whole area this afternoon and continues through tonight. Its going to get wild.

Maybe its good I got out this morning and cleared some of it; I'm estimating 6-8 so far, hard to tell with drifts; flat areas only had 4-5 but it was plenty deep elsewhere; over a foot on the drift on my car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChineseFood4Snow said:

Do you still have sleet mixed in like me in Bound Brook?

A friend works at the mall; he reported sleet in Bridgewater for a time but heavy snow now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, lee59 said:

Radar shows rain coming into beaches of Long Island from about Fire Island east. Also on central Jersey shore. 30.1 degrees here with light snow. Wind picking up with gusts to 27mph

That will sink SE again then back up again later 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Nam crushes the whole area this afternoon and continues through tonight. Its going to get wild.

Crazy run

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.