• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Obs and nowcast Major Nor'easter near blizzard Sunday afternoon Jan 31 - Sunrise Wednesday Feb 3

wdrag

1 minute ago, nflwxman said:

Any one have observations from the New Brunswick area? The radar there is insane and the HRRR is spitting out 6" hour rates.

Heavy snow between 7 - 9 OTG from a nephew in East Brunswick a mile away.  May mix with sleet for a period as the intensity lightens up but heavier snow building back NW again,

1 minute ago, Poker2015 said:

9 and change in Branchburg as of 15 mins ago. Probably over 10 now at the rate it's coming down...huge flakes

Huge flakes look awesome and accumulate quickly. But judging by the radar presentation they probably also indicate a warm layer around 850mb causing a little melting and then clumping of the flakes. Great lift in your area so the snow column should hold or even cool slightly.

Just now, sussexcountyobs said:

Just was watching Jen Carfagno on WC. ( SO HOT!) She is in Madison Square Park in NYC. Not sure where that is? But anyway, it is snowing so much heavier here than there. 

You keep saying that but the returns say otherwise. I'm here in queens and it's puking snow. I think the camera can make it look like it's snowing more or less heavily than it actually is depending on a few various factors...

1 minute ago, sussexcountyobs said:

Just was watching Jen Carfagno on WC. ( SO HOT!) She is in Madison Square Park in NYC. Not sure where that is? But anyway, it is snowing so much heavier here than there. 

they should rename that place to Madison Square Garden and get rid of that other dump with that name.

Just now, Jt17 said:

You keep saying that but the returns say otherwise. I'm here in queens and it's puking snow. I think the camera can make it look like it's snowing more or less heavily than it actually is depending on a few various factors...

when you have large buildings around you it can cause a misconception of snowfall rates.

that park is in the Flatiron District

Just now, Jt17 said:

I've only said it once. But, it could be camera thing? But I doubt it. Watch it live yourself.