Bob Chill

Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Also I’ll add that the timing was all discombobulated but the accumulation range was pretty spot on around here. About five inches total before compacting and including IP/ZR. 

.5" since midnight. 4.1" on the storm, and despite the WAA fail it's still been a pretty great event considering everything. Hoping to get close to verifying the WSW with snow showers through today. 

• Like 1

Got up and was surprised to see eastern MoCo under a nice band of moderate snow that looks to have put around an inch of new snow down so far.

27 minutes ago, AU74 said:

Got up and was surprised to see eastern MoCo under a nice band of moderate snow that looks to have put around an inch of new snow down so far.

Yeah this is really cool. Turned this storm from a mild underperformer into something a bit more memorable considering we started this event about two days ago now. Simply amazing. 

Not impossible to inch closer to six if this band can hold for a while. Gonna get some sleep and see what tomorrow brings as this thing wrings itself out before pulling away. 

Must have had a nice band or 2 go through overnight. Looks like about 3/4" of fresh snow. Trees look gorgeous.

Snowing lightly now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

On a walk in the local cemetery while the band plays on. Incredible.

Wow the radar looks good over there. Now much snow have you picked up?

This band was to my west for awhile so this steadier stuff just recently picked up, but I’m around 5” total. Would love for this to drop a quick inch to fill the voids and freshen things up.

Eta that I broke through the crust and eyeballed 5” depth so maybe closer to 6” storm total.

What in the ass? Waking up to see it snowing to beat the band. Easily picked up 1” with it. Nearing 2”. Talk about back dooring your way to 4”

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

From Mount Holly-

Generally expect precipitation to mostly come in the form of light snow, potentially showery in nature, with snowfall intensities limited by both the weak sources of ascent and the increasingly long and continental trajectories of low-lvl parcels (due to the backing of the flow). That being said would not be surprised to see a decent amount of locations "nickle and dime" themselves another 1-2 inches of accumulation when all is said and done today as duration partially makes up for the weak intensities. At the very least the light snow and breezy NNW winds should maintain the wintry ambiance which will be appreciated by snow lovers.

Yes, we do like this sort of thing.

• Like 3

Woke up to over 1.2” of new snow and currently light to mod snow.  Day 3 of winter weather in a row with a storm total of over 4”.

• Like 2

Going to be some surprised folks waking up.  Radar looks great for snow continuing.  

• Like 5

quarter inch over night -- total 6.9 :snowing:

• Like 5

2" since last night and still snowing.  Main roads wet but side streets covered.

Storm total is now 4"  That was my low bar for the whole damn thing and TBH it wasn't looking good.  This surprise snow overnight got me there.  Happy.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, H2O said:

What in the ass? Waking up to see it snowing to beat the band. Easily picked up 1” with it. Nearing 2”. Talk about back dooring your way to 4”

Same. Woke up and looked at the radar without even having looked out the window.

My reaction: Dafuq?