• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

1.5" on the board as of 10:15am to put the storm total at 5.1" here in McLean!! Despite the big dog potential on this storm, for a Miller B (hybrid?) it's been pretty exceptional. Not often can you have snow falling for 3 days constantly re-whitening surfaces off and on like this. Still light snow now so hopefully that total can be added on to a bit, but this 2nd half of the storm has certainly exceeded my expectations :D 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

1.5" on the board as of 10:15am to put the storm total at 5.1" here in McLean!! Despite the big dog potential on this storm, for a Miller B (hybrid?) it's been pretty exceptional. Not often can you have snow falling for 3 days constantly re-whitening surfaces off and on like this. Still light snow now so hopefully that total can be added on to a bit, but this 2nd half of the storm has certainly exceeded my expectations :D 

I think another shower inbound to McLean. I’m on side near Evans. Popped up quickly 

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

538677423_Screenshot2021-02-02075036.thumb.jpg.41f782971955802542232f2f07b121fe.jpg

Verification (IMBY)

3.2" Sunday

1.5" Monday/Tuesday

Always go with the pessimistic forecast ;)

I pretty much went the same way for here. It has worked out pretty well. LOL at run after run having the backside so juiced up here.. CMC and Euro were the biggest offenders, but GFS and the mesos had their moments too.

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

This morning reminds me of Deep Creek where it just doesn't want to stop snowing even if its light/non-accumulating like its been the last hour.  What a morning.

Yeah I love this perpetual snow shower thing. Pretty rare here. Defo feels like caa upslope flow in the highlands.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I pretty much went the same way for here. It has worked out pretty well. LOL at run after run having the backside so juiced up here.. CMC and Euro were the biggest offenders, but GFS and the mesos had their moments too.

I feel like if you see something anomalous, you want a pretty good model consensus to go that way.

And never trust the RGEM if it is doing something stupid.

Just now, nj2va said:

This morning reminds me of Deep Creek where it just doesn't want to stop snowing even if its light/non-accumulating like its been the last hour.  What a morning.

i was in deep creek several years ago and it just sprinkled/misted snow for about 24 hours with some occasional steadier rates.  kinda odd to see, but i had limited service so couldn't really see what was going on upstairs.

55 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Looks like it's shut off in my neck of Fairfax County, at least for now.

Nice morning.

Started up again about 20 minutes ago. Awesome to be around that band and getting snow much of the day, even if it's only lightly accumulating. Feel for those who are on the outside looking in though.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic