took me a second, but then the lightbulb went on and i laughed

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

It's hell getting old

Ha! I'm older than 32

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

You know what they say about the sun

it's bright? :P 

• Haha 1

Shoveling was, unexpectedly, not bad. I shoveled Sunday but then the ice/sleet accreted, so I dreaded having to hack away at that once I removed the new layer of snow. But it came up easily enough and in places where it didn't, like on the brick entrance to the house, I just whacked at it a time or two with the shovel and it loosened up. I rather like shoveling soft snow -- though I'm not as much of a fan of it than Jeb :D -- but shoveling ice, like walking on it, is a pain. I guess being above freezing always helps

Probably should have shoveled yesterday to be a Good Citizen and all that, but I was pissed about the storm. Remarkable how, starting late yesterday, my opinion on this turned around. This really was a unique event, even though it never got above what I consider low-to-moderate intensity here. But it's hard to find much fault with a 54-hour or so duration event. Absolutely beautiful walking around as it got light this morning. And it looks like there's a little more incoming? 

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

I got 7" with compaction. 5" came today. What a heck of a 3rd day and it made the suck of the other two days WAY worth it.

Still some bands that may try to make their way here, dunno if I'll get more accumulation from it. It's melting pretty darn fast.

5" from today is petty incredble!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Have you acquired a Grizzly Adams’s demeanor yet?

I look like a local...no grooming, longish hair, huge beard.  And my neighbor down the hill was blasting Skynyrd.  So I feel at home.  I've always liked West Virginia.  And I'm well stocked with food, water, coffee and cannabis, so I don't have to go anywhere any time soon, if I don't want.

Weather content - 30, Cloudy, 9" storm total, maybe mood snow later, but additional accumulation unlikely.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2

10 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

I look like a local...no grooming, longish hair, huge beard.  And my neighbor down the hill was blasting Skynyrd.  So I feel at home.  I've always liked West Virginia.  And I'm well stocked with food, water, coffee and cannabis, so I don't have to go anywhere any time soon, if I don't want.

Weather content - 30, Cloudy, 9" storm total, maybe mood snow later, but additional accumulation unlikely.

I too like WV and am in process of inheriting a cabin sw of Romney .

it is a blast to get up and clean whatever snow you want and scruffy around and bathe late, or maybe not even. Fry up some bacon with scrambled eggs, hominey  and roast beef hash. 

Then see if the sour D is  sour. There is usually a nice local bar in town with good burgers and bunch of happy mountain folk also playing in the snow!

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic