Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

11 minutes ago, Dabuckeyes said:

Looks like a light mist. If you stare you might see a mangled flake or two

Also in Timonium/Lutherville (Mays Chapel). Still relatively light precip falling, though overall intensity and amount of snow mixing in has increased noticeably in past 10 minutes or so. 

• Like 2

Just now, mappy said:

lot of good obs guys. im guessing i'm right on the edge of the warm layer. 

CC loop shows the mix line collapsing really well across York and Adams counties. Should see a lot of posts here soon from the  Fredick/Carroll/Baltimore/Harford posters over the next couple hours. This was really well pinged by the morning run of the NAMs and RGEM.

• Like 2

Still all sleet near Germantown.  I checked out the Philly sub out of curiosity and was surprised to read about a raging sleet storm up there.

My sister just north of Royersford up there is in a driving sleet right now. She said it’s so heavy, it hurts to go outside. It’s literally right on the doorstep of snowing though. The easterlies will keep her in sleet though for awhile.

• Like 1

Just now, goodwidp said:

Also in Timonium/Lutherville (Mays Chapel). Still relatively light precip falling, though overall intensity and amount of snow mixing in has increased noticeably in past 10 minutes or so. 

I'm glad that you posted.  We need more obs from peeps between the city folk and the mappy girl in the sticks.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mattie g said:

You're Fairfax County in name only. You're basically south DC.

Yep. And then we have those lovely folks who, upon reading our mailing address, sneer at us, "Oh, you don't actually live in Alexandria city, then?" :rolleyes:

Anyway. We're back to mixed sleet/drizzle here, and I'm just noticing the first snowflakes of the day mixing in...interesting.

Over the hour a little south of Reston it went from lighter precip after nothing to snow and sleet then mainly snow but small flakes and coming down heavy and then to snow with a mix of flake sizes and wind then to good flake sizes and good rates with wind. Also looks like this will continue for at least the next hour or so but I don't really know. The temp is 31 degrees.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic