Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I don't think eastern areas see any snow until this evening, if there is anything actually falling at that time.

Yeah what the hell was I expecting? 6 inches on the backside? I shoulda known that it never snows more than 2 inches on the eastern shore. It'll be 95 degrees by May 32nd

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, mappy said:

okay. well, the radar is wrong. so doesnt seem very valuable to me. but you do you.

It actually is very good especially in severe where things matter most.

I've seen green/red and been inundated with flakes but I guess it can't be right all the time.

Just like a very high precision ultrasonic anemometer here is showing CAT1 winds with gusts near 100mph, all due to ice on the sensor!  Normally that is mitigated with resistance heaters but I don't have the power budget for that because the device is 100% off grid and the battery bank doesn't have sufficient watt hours for it.  Always a trade off of sorts with instruments.  But with 600 samples/min it gives good data for storms.

Just now, JakkelWx said:

Yeah what the hell was I expecting? 6 inches on the backside? I shoulda known that it never snows more than 2 inches on the eastern shore. It'll be 95 degrees by May 32nd

We might see some snow, but today was always going to be mild and damp and drizzly with so significant lift. We have the classic ENE flow off the torching Atlantic waters courtesy of the transfer process.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic