• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

yea, radarscope is good. i had to switch it to composite at times yesterday just to see some better returns lol. the new lwx radar isn't very inspiring so far. not sure what they're doing with that.

someone had asked about finding a radar with a similar storm setup to this one...i feel like feb 10, 2010 isn't all that bad of a comparison at this point:

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/current/mcview.phtml?prod=usrad&java=script&mode=archive&frames=60&interval=60&year=2010&month=2&day=9&hour=0&minute=0

Just now, mappy said:

its like the weeniest of radars. 

Been using it since 2010.  It definitely has improved. 
I use it on Mac and PCs too.

Before it was available on Android, they had something called PYKL3 which I used.  It was very capable as well but I believe the developer discontinued it and Radarscope is prominent.  Their support is outstanding as well.  Definitely worth the $100 a year for pro+ sub.

10 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

So if I'm understanding correctly now the upper levels are cooling but the surface is warming. So heavier precip should fall in the form of sleet or eventually snow? 

The surface is warming because we havent had the steady heavier precip to mix the cooler upper levels down to the surface yet...If we get steady heavier precip itll be snow for some. If it continues to be sporadic and scattered stuff, probbaly mixy still

2 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Been using it since 2010.  It definitely has improved. 
I use it on Mac and PCs too.

Before it was available on Android, they had something called PYKL3 which I used.  It was very capable as well but I believe the developer discontinued it and Radarscope is prominent.  Their support is outstanding as well.  Definitely worth the $100 a year for pro+ sub.

okay. well, the radar is wrong. so doesnt seem very valuable to me. but you do you.

12 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

WWA from 10:10 a.m. still calling for an inch of accumulation today, but the point forecast for MRB and OKV was just raised to 2-4"

Next band of snow incoming to the Winchester area now. You can really see the sleet line on this radar as well. It is east of the Blue ridge.

CODNEXLAB-NEXRAD-LWX-N0Q-20210201-1624-12-100.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

The surface is warming because we havent had the steady heavier precip to mix the cooler upper levels down to the surface yet...If we get steady heavier precip itll be snow for some. If it continues to be sporadic and scattered stuff, probbaly mixy still

wv loop is showing some of the colder cloud tops moving east. that (should/hopefully) line up with helping to erode the warmer layers.

Just now, lpaschall said:

If you look at more images you can see the returns pivoting west to almost SW... That should be better for everyone but specifically us northern crew.

COD NEXRAD: DOX

Yup. The returns working SW from Lancaster and Chester Counties and that would help cool the column off more and starting flipping people back to snow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deck Pic said:

You're going to get nailed later.  I should too, but you're in a better spot for this round.

Like I said earlier. Winchester just lucked out with this one. If you look at 24 hour radar loops we had bands set up over us and pivot for hours. Very lucky. And this will probably end up being the best Miller B ever here. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic