• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nyrangers1022
    Newest Member
    nyrangers1022

February 2021 General Discussion

The Lab wanted nothing to do with walking through the snowpack's softened  consistency this early afternoon compared to this AM's powder below.  He says bring on Chicago's Storms 60's and 70's next week and nuke this sheet.

4 hours ago, Stebo said:

47 for a high here, felt great. Lets move on to spring now.

3rd week of April most years. True sustained warmth and actual green grass with plants starting to grow. March is usually a grinder month cousin to November.

ORD and RFD snow depth went from 14” at 6am to 11” at 6pm.

So today marks the last day of the impressive 12"+ snow depth streak at both sites. Tomorrow will probably be the last for 10"+ unless the depth is already down under 10" at 12z tomorrow, or there's less melting than expected tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

3rd week of April most years. True sustained warmth and actual green grass with plants starting to grow. March is usually a grinder month cousin to November.

Yep, early March is like late November. Generally winter with snow, snowstorms and even highs below 32F are still common. Late March and early November are also similar in the sense that you need a perfect pattern to get  widespread snowstorm and temperatures are generally in the 40s and 50s (In the eastern Great Lakes) 

Sun, wind gusts as high as 39mph, and 47° yesterday (first 40 since Jan 21) pulverized the snow. Avg depth about 6" currently but to use a cyclone word, it looks "mangy" and the huge snowbanks are getting dirty. Headed to northern lower this morning for 3 days. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

Yep, early March is like late November. Generally winter with snow, snowstorms and even highs below 32F are still common. Late March and early November are also similar in the sense that you need a perfect pattern to get  widespread snowstorm and temperatures are generally in the 40s and 50s (In the eastern Great Lakes) 

I guess the only thing i'd argue is totally different antecedent conditions both on the surface and in the atmosphere, but your point is taken.  

Lots of puddles and some typical flood prone streets have standing water.  Hard to think about what it would have been like with a warm rainer on top of this. 

Last weeks 8-10” snowstorm is almost a distant memory, never seen a 10” snowpack get nuked this quick in my life, even the massive parking lot piles are dissipating quickly. 

Long days, green grass, grilling and severe season, give me all of it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chambana said:

Last weeks 8-10” snowstorm is almost a distant memory, never seen a 10” snowpack get nuked this quick in my life, even the massive parking lot piles are dissipating quickly. 

Long days, green grass, grilling and severe season, give me all of it. 

I went from 7" yesterday morning to 3" this morning. I can't remember losing that much in 24 hours without a warm rain being involved.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Seeing blue ice at the mackinac bridge was pretty sweet

FB_IMG_1614231659445.jpg

Surprised you went up there... I think there was more snow in Howell than Mackinaw City.

• Like 1