Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

9 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

There are times that I wish we didn't have models, satellites, etc.  Just hand drawn maps based on upstream observations, the smell of the air, changes in wind, and horse sense.  Thinking back to my childhood in the 60s, surprise storms were the best.

Okay okay ... heh...

Not willing ( personally ) to go that far.   Not caring to see those ancillary products based upon other products ...based upon numerical guidance tech grape-vines, protects me personally. I'm a mid 1990s, 500 mb trend guy - do just fine man.

You know though, it does point out:   this engagement?  whether hobby, obsession... to just dropping by to get an 'insider idea' on an impending over-aggrandized CNN headline of impending doom...etc, it's all new to humanity?  This has never happened before, ever, a sociological/cultural mode... in history. There is no archeological bases for this - interesting.

It's 20 years tops... in fact, could argue that it's really only the last 10 years that it has become a real empiric/demonstratively motivating influence on behaviors and even to the extent of motioning macro-ethos...  But that all hints at an op-ed segway, - any takers.. haha.  Didn't think so -

No, but I do think it's interesting sociologically that the "storm" experience isn't really waking up to red sky at morning, and battening down the hatches and seeing what it has in store.  The storm experience is often an exhausting... jesus, it can be a 2-week ordeal

Point is, yikes...

5 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

are you sure have you tried google? i mean, i just found weekly and monthly tide charts for Boston in about 0.3 seconds. didn't cost me a dime.

yeah ...maybe that changed -  i'll give it a whirl... but, the impetus is also to supply them here ?   -

I just wanted to the discussion too.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

This storm has a huge circulation. Some of you I think are biased a bit on something SE of the BM...but for those that want it tucky tucky...you'd be sucky sucky on exhaust.

Yep....it's like how we were getting firehosed in Dec '92 when the low was sitting over Delaware. Or even Mar '13....the low was sitting over the Andrea Gail way off to our ESE while we were getting smoked.

Yeah ... I just see this still as a powerful 'placeholder' that is only getting a fraction of what it could take ... heh.

But just a little more in-feed of wind momentum kinematic S/W material and this thing really would wind up like a top and congeal tighter through the sfc-700 mb disks ... This open broad bs is because the focusing UVM is distributed aloft...  Kind of an annoying waste of said favorability -

The Euro run appears to absolutely maximize what it can, given said feeds.  It reminds me of that run like 3 or 4 cycles ago..when it was also pretty to look at. 

Thing is...for those holding out on more potent congealed realization ... I don't know if assimilation and sonde stuff matters in this case as much as even 10 years ago.  It seems to me that if anything, features relayed off the Pacific are always proving pubes too much when the pass on shore.  I have really seen something come in more potent like we used to, lately -

But it may. 

I'm starting to get event fatigue already ... jeez.

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep....it's like how we were getting firehosed in Dec '92 when the low was sitting over Delaware. Or even Mar '13....the low was sitting over the Andrea Gail way off to our ESE while we were getting smoked.

You try to tell em and hate to see it when they don’t get what you tried to tell em’

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1