Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well you also don’t live there 

I don’t live IN it that is true. But I’m still on the edges of it....at Willi River level. But my dad does live there and He likes snow too! 

Not that anyone cares but my sister takes the cake of us all.... living on a hill in Coventry at like 700 feet.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Thankfully it’s a subpar model especially with coastals.

I don't know if I agree with this assessment outside of this pattern type

It's not a good model in slow hemisphere -no. It's got that weird x-coordinate ( west to east ) velocity bias, and when the blocking hemisphere kicks in, it's in constant fight against.

Remember just 40 days ago, the Euro was bullied on, and the GFS was performing better?  ...   later next week, we may be crying for mercy from the Euro D8 bombs while the GFS takes it to the shed because the gradient appears slated to retake the dominant characteristic of the hemisphere when the -EPO tipping bucket dumps its loading into Canada and vroom -

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't know if I agree with this assessment outside of this pattern type

It's not a good model in slow hemisphere -no. It's got that weird x-coordinate ( west to east ) velocity bias, and when the blocking hemisphere kicks in, it's in constant fight against.

Remember just 40 days ago, the Euro was bullied on, and the GFS was performing better?  ...   later next week, we may be crying for mercy from the Euro D8 bombs while the GFS takes it to the shed because the gradient appears slated to retake the dominant characteristic of the hemisphere when the -EPO tipping bucket dumps its loading into Canada and squish -

Fair enough. I’m just having a hard time remembering when it performed well with a significant ec winter storm...that’s all. 

Not saying the solution is not plausible because it is, eps members show that, but until there is more evidence to back it...I’ll weigh it very very lightly.

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Fair enough. I’m just having a hard time remembering when it performed well with a significant ec winter storm...that’s all. 

Not saying the solution is not plausible because it is, eps members show that, but until there is more evidence to back it...I’ll weigh it very very lightly.

mm... how long since we've had a significant "EC" winter storm tho -

three years by my count minimum... Have to go back a ways to get a K.U. true and blue ribbon winner.  

seems we've been in a decreasing frequency for that type, while in an overall increased frequency for active weather - probably owing to fast flows and gradient flow types rapidly transporting things along .. But we probably don't need to be too ridged in what defines a K.U. ?  I mean is there a check list -

I always thought of those "EC" threats as being DCA flirts while PHL-NYC-BOS are all under hard headline warnings and blizzard rumors

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

mm... how long since we've had a significant "EC" winter storm tho -

three years by my count minimum... Have to go back a ways to get a K.U. true and blue ribbon winner.  

seems we've been in a decreasing frequency for that type, while in an overall increased frequency for active weather - probably owing to fast flows and gradient flow types rapidly transporting things along .. But we probably don't need to be too ridged in what defines a K.U. ?  I mean is there a check list -

I always thought of those "EC" threats as being DCA flirts while PHL-NYC-BOS are all under hard headline warnings and blizzard rumors

There was a big EC storm back on Dec17 and the pope has not returned to his homeland ever since, all because of the gfs. 

• Haha 3

The ICON rots a CCB conveyor after a 4-6 hours of heavy frontage -...

probably 7-10" in 6 hours, followed by another 10" over the next day to day and half with that stall and mid level evolution working in tandem.

That's probably about the best run I've seen ..close contender with the Euro ...for photogenic look, as well, maximizing what moderate S/W mechanics can do in an overall ( wasted? ) favorable large synopsis.

heh... stinger of the CCB down in Va Beach!  that be a whack big low man

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

this looks like a rip-off version of one of those day 3 euro runs for Jan 2015, which jacked Trenton-NYC and gave Eastern Mass the occluded snows. Probably chop off 30% of those totals though.

Ha. Big difference this time would be blocking in place.

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

Ha. Big difference this time would be blocking in place.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be a similar level of traffic downstream between both of these events, regardless of calculated NAO indices. We didn't have the omega block in 2015 though.

image.png.a9646ec9d4d0bcf5a440ee4e53fa8e3f.png

image.png.275f21ca8fdbd34fa175a1aaf5389166.png

The thing that makes the Pope look really bad is he was so adamant he was going to be right.. was very smug about it. Then when he was 110% wrong... he didn’t own up to and admit his mistake. He just stopped posting. Everyone makes mistakes and busts. But own  up to it @jbenedet. Learn and understand why it happened and where you went wrong. Your’re fresh out of college and young. Don’t just run away with the deflated football. It’s a really bad look 

• Like 2