Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

Just now, DomNH said:

Agree 100%. 0.25 - 0.5'' of glaze on the trees? BFD. 

Something like that ... sure.

Plus, we have IP and snow and pixie dust and all kinds of weird shit that has to be figured out - ...  big ice. ha -

There should be a "big pain in the ass" type of storm characteristic established in the on-line social dystopiasphere -   who's with me!

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Something like that ... sure.

Plus, we have IP and snow and pixie dust and all kinds of weird shit that has to be figured out - ...  big ice. ha -

There should be a "big pain in the ass" type of storm characteristic established in the on-line social dystopiasphere -   who's with me!

Agreed on all accounts.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Both storms have potential for 1” of icing on trees . That’s big. Sorry you don’t like it 

No way. Not enough liquid and too much liquid is "wasted" on snow/sleet. I don't see how this is a 1'' of accretion type of signal. 

Edit: Unless you mean combined, which would make more sense, but still way too much QPF is going to be snow and sleet for huge ice like that. 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Right . Just as yours will be all sleet or some snow to a lot of sleet

I doubt that. I have only seen a major sleet event once in my life time. It can cut down on accumulations, sure. 1" of glaze takes a lot more to go right than you are implying...you need ample QPF and very little sleet contamination. Both are dubious here given the progressive pattern, and depth of cold.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DomNH said:

No way. Not enough liquid and too much liquid is "wasted" on snow/sleet. I don't see how this is a 1'' of accretion type of signal. 

Edit: Unless you mean combined, which would make more sense, but still way too much QPF is going to be snow and sleet for huge ice like that. 

#dumbfounded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Yessah!! Combined with no melting in between 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yessah!! Combined with no melting in between 

I think the second one has more ZR potential than the 17th. 17th looks more snowy/scalpy to me. Second one is also D6-D7 so we're a long ways out. I love big ice just as much as the next guy and would much rather have ice than two miserable PITA kitchen sink events in a row but I don't see generator stuff as it stands right now.

Next week looks like it's going to really blow. I'm ready to nape.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh ...I think you're meaning Tuesday and Friday combined - Kev?

as in, Tues = .5"  

Frid = .5"

Together = 1.0"

... Still doubteful for me.   .5" pushes the tin in this case because to get .5" it'll have to come on in heavier dose due to limited time of each event - they are movin' and truckin' man.  And, a goodly percentage of that ( save for some really isolated pocket perhaps ... not enough to substantiate a headline) is likely bouncing or snow.  ... I think a median glaze amount is ... .25 to .33" somewhere's in there...

But, this is all us wasting time in minutia over a situation that could easily tick more snow... I really don't think this can come NW of where it is now frankly - no way.  Because although the SPV frag is trying to phase more in some guidance, it is also moving too much in the x- ( E ) direction on whole, so it's as much a suppressor on the track.

7 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Impressive. Dallas may go below zero too. 

I have family in Southeast Hill County, in the part sticking down just above the “0” in 11.0... They just got 5-6” earlier this winter so to add another foot on top of that would mean an approximately 20” in a season. The return rate on that kind of winter is probably 100 years for central Texas. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bch2014 said:

I have family in Southeast Hill County, in the part sticking down just above the “0” in 11.0... They just got 5-6” earlier this winter so to add another foot on top of that would mean an approximately 20” in a season. The return rate on that kind of winter is probably 100 years for central Texas. 

They’ll be right up with me on the season lol