Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

Just now, ma blizzard said:

you haven't come close to warning criteria ice since nov 2002 what are you talking about :lol: 

Jan 2005 gave them a good one. I think it was 1/6/05. Might have had close to a half inch in that one there....but not since then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

I grew up in Brockton. So an ice storm was a foreign concept to me. The only ice storms that crossed my radar were 1998 and 2008.

NW CT and the Naugy Valley get them fairly often. We generally end up in the .25-.50 range here . Once in awhile a bit more, but nothing close to 1” since I moved to town in 2000

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I got some nuisance ones, but never once lost power due to accretion.

We had two icing "events" a couple years back here in Nashua. Both of them approached 0.25" accretion on trees and lines. That's it for my ice experience. Roads were fine for most part. (but then again, I saw the ice and didn't go anywhere)

Of course all this ice talk is likely useless because 9.5/10 times it ends up as sleet or plain rain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I got some nuisance ones, but never once lost power due to accretion.

Depending on how close you are to the border 2008 may have been pretty good in Methuen. My inlaws live in Haverhill near the river...there was a glaze there but not much damage, it increased rapidly in the northern part of Haverhill near the border. 

I remember sitting at their house in Haverhill watching Bouchard on WHDH. He meh'd it and basically said it was going above freezing out to AFN. Meanwhile, it was pouring ZR right to sea level in NE MA. 

1 minute ago, wx2fish said:

Depending on how close you are to the border 2008 may have been pretty good in Methuen. My inlaws live in Haverhill near the river...there was a glaze there but not much damage, it increased rapidly in the northern part of Haverhill near the border. 

I remember sitting at their house in Haverhill watching Bouchard on WHDH. He meh'd it and basically said it was going above freezing out to AFN. Meanwhile, it was pouring ZR right to sea level in NE MA. 

Bouchard gets his money's worth when he busts....that, and 1-3" for 2' March 2013 firehose. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

NW CT and the Naugy Valley get them fairly often. We generally end up in the .25-.50 range here . Once in awhile a bit more, but nothing close to 1” since I moved to town in 2000

Yes we have gotten several in this area .25”+ since l’ve been on the board back in 2012.