Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep that looks pretty different from even a few days ago. The PV consolidates very strongly by day 10. NAO has been underestimated all winter but it’s starting to insist that it finally loses its influence. We’ll see. 

It does look like dateline ridging tries to pop again but without a strong Atlantic block, it will definitely be fighting a SE ridge. 

Sounds good for here. It snows the same at 28 as it does at 18. SNE had a good run this winter. Time for spring and the lawn thread down there. 

14 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Sounds good for here. It snows the same at 28 as it does at 18. SNE had a good run this winter. Time for spring and the lawn thread down there. 

As long as we avoid true cutters it’s good there. But even up there would kind of suck if we got a cutter or two ripping through Ottawa. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

BOS on par with NYC this year and was 7 miles away from being up in the CON range. ORH also having a great year so far, shocking I know.

@ORH_wxman Is a 31" difference between BOS and ORH pretty big? What's the most? and has it ever been reversed, BOS>ORH?

It is definitely a pretty big difference between BOS and ORH for this point in the season. There have been some big differences in the past though. 

I think 2000-2001 had 102.1” at ORH and 45.9” at BOS. 1986-1987 was a similar spread. 2012-2013 was something like 108.9” and 63.4”. I think 2002-2003 had a very big spread too...about 117” in ORH vs 71” in BOS. 

ORH has had two big storms this season where BOS was pretty skunked. The 12/5 event gave ORH 9.6” while BOS maybe had an inch or less. Then Of course the 2/1-2/2 firehose out of the east gave ORH 16.5” while BOS had a little over an inch. That makes up most of the difference right there in those two storms. 

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Let's hope I can keep this going until mid-April.

Unknown-3.jpeg.8db3c8c34bc16000e9d0d396da93dcf3.jpeg

Yeah just avoid the ugly cutter and you’ll keep the pristine look to the pack. Even an Ottawa cutter won’t wipe it out at this point, but nobody wants a 20 inch glacier either after 1-2” of rain and a refreeze.

That’s some impressive icicle action there. I was up on the roof here yesterday (and likely going back out there today) getting rid of the ice dams. One thing I hate about living where I do...I’m in that climate belt where it’s marginal to have traditional gutters. A little bit colder/snowier and you ditch the traditional gutters...you are well into that territory. Further south and you usually don’t have to worry because stuff melts frequently enough...but here is that annoying zone where every few winters, it turns into this weeks-long battle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Let's hope I can keep this going until mid-April.

Unknown-3.jpeg.8db3c8c34bc16000e9d0d396da93dcf3.jpeg

You may want to address that ice damming issue you look to have in those valleys of that roof sooner rather then later, A roof rake goes a long ways, Surprised they didn't go with a metal roof so that snow would unload.