Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 25th Wintry Mix Obs and Nowcasting

stormtracker

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I am only posting maps for the humor lol. This thing has been so dead for most of us. I only want to see a coating, but I am not sure that is possible with the dry air in place initially(and lack of precip), and then the warming upper levels. The whole setup is just pure garbage.

Fair enough.     I'm still hopeful of an inch at the start here in Howard County, but I'm far from confident.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WVclimo said:

Not a friend, but two woodpeckers have been terrorizing our neighborhood this week. Here’s one of them:

8F336D81-4E79-456B-AFA4-B3E0DB3A3BE3.thumb.jpeg.b8f08dbdee67cd28a4258e085fae6eed.jpeg

If they get near your house, a fake owl does a good job. Those little fellas can do some serious damage. They are something to look at and hear though

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

We had a red belied woodpecker fiddle around with our gutter for a hot second. He gave up and we haven't had a problem since.

I had one with a head the size of your fist try to drill through the glass of a window. He managed to destroy the screen. He then moved to a French door and tried there. I also saw one hammer away at my neighbors metal storage building for about 30 minutes. It had a wooden frame. When they get after something they won’t stop. 

25 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I had one with a head the size of your fist try to drill through the glass of a window. He managed to destroy the screen. He then moved to a French door and tried there. I also saw one hammer away at my neighbors metal storage building for about 30 minutes. It had a wooden frame. When they get after something they won’t stop. 

They don't stop at stop signs either! :)