• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JimMadson
    Newest Member
    JimMadson

Jan 25th Wintry Mix Obs and Nowcasting

16 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Since we no longer have a pinned obs thread ...

Made a new friend today 

Not a friend, but two woodpeckers have been terrorizing our neighborhood this week. Here’s one of them:

8F336D81-4E79-456B-AFA4-B3E0DB3A3BE3.thumb.jpeg.b8f08dbdee67cd28a4258e085fae6eed.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, WVclimo said:

Not a friend, but two woodpeckers have been terrorizing our neighborhood this week. Here’s one of them:

8F336D81-4E79-456B-AFA4-B3E0DB3A3BE3.thumb.jpeg.b8f08dbdee67cd28a4258e085fae6eed.jpeg

If they get near your house, a fake owl does a good job. Those little fellas can do some serious damage. They are something to look at and hear though

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Love woodpeckers. We have a ton of them in my cul de sac. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Love woodpeckers. We have a ton of them in my cul de sac. 

Better get some carpenter bee traps. You get those in any wood surface around your house and the woodpeckers will jackhammer your house

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

ooooh a piliated! i hear them but have yet to see one.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Yes, there are two that hang around my property, they can do some SERIOUS damage to a deck in short order!

32 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Better get some carpenter bee traps. You get those in any wood surface around your house and the woodpeckers will jackhammer your house

We had a red belied woodpecker fiddle around with our gutter for a hot second. He gave up and we haven't had a problem since.

10 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

We had a red belied woodpecker fiddle around with our gutter for a hot second. He gave up and we haven't had a problem since.

I had one with a head the size of your fist try to drill through the glass of a window. He managed to destroy the screen. He then moved to a French door and tried there. I also saw one hammer away at my neighbors metal storage building for about 30 minutes. It had a wooden frame. When they get after something they won’t stop. 

25 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I had one with a head the size of your fist try to drill through the glass of a window. He managed to destroy the screen. He then moved to a French door and tried there. I also saw one hammer away at my neighbors metal storage building for about 30 minutes. It had a wooden frame. When they get after something they won’t stop. 

They don't stop at stop signs either! :)

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

No one posted the 18z Euro snow map?

Allow me.B)

1611694800-ZssuWPQ62yE.png

I’ll take it. Something wintry 

• Like 3

So other than the GFS, most guidance is suggesting a little snow on the front end for most.

My hope is still to see snow falling for 30 mins and a coating. These disjointed, messy setups with a primary out west and relying on timely front end precip don't usually work out here, but I guess I am due for something at some point.