• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    InsulationProsofColorado
    Newest Member
    InsulationProsofColorado

January 16 2021 - Inland runner Rain/Snow/Wind

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like the back tree line is about to go obscured on phin’s cam. Ripping. 

Checkout the new Sunday River Cams on the Mountain Report, have to scroll down 

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Checkout the new Sunday River Cams on the Mountain Report, have to scroll down 

Love the White Cap cam. They are getting hammered right now. 

2.2" last hour for a total of 3.0" on the nose here at 1500' in Jackson. At 9am it was a mix of rain and snow and 36F in Jackson village, about 700' below me. But we are getting crushed here.

• Like 1

Woke up between 7:00-7:30 and there wasn’t much snow. Fell back asleep until 10:00 (I got sucked into a Law and Order marathon last night) an woke up the second time to 3” of the heaviest snow imaginable. Still snowing at a good clip. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jculligan said:

2.2" last hour for a total of 3.0" on the nose here at 1500' in Jackson. At 9am it was a mix of rain and snow and 36F in Jackson village, about 700' below me. But we are getting crushed here.

Should really come down for you and Phin for the next few hours. 

11.0" total for the front end. Getting some light rain showers now at 33° F in the dry slot. The sun even popped out briefly. 

Woodford just to my north reported 16" at 9 AM, I had ~10" then. Seems a little high given that we're only ~5 miles apart and 70' difference in elevation. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

11.0" total for the front end. Getting some light rain showers now at 33° F in the dry slot. The sun even popped out briefly. 

Woodford just to my north reported 16" at 9 AM, I had ~10" then. Seems a little high given that we're only ~5 miles apart and 70' difference in elevation. 

Yeah that seems questionable for sure. Nice event there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

I mentioned that earlier (about Woodford) I have noticed some questionable totals over the last few years honestly.  Hard to say they are totally off without any verifying, but this one seems like you guy's should be in lockstep.

5" here on the front-end, which is more than I thought for the initial thump.  35.6F,  hopefully pick up a few more when the upslope kicks in.

• Like 1

We actually flipped to light rain in the dry slot at 1500ft but as soon as echos moved back in it went back to snow.

4” of mashed potatoes.  

• Like 1