• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

January 8th-9th threat

Truly boom or bust. Someone on this thread will get an unreal amount with a low prediction and someone with a paste bomb prediction is going to get wet grass. 

29 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

There's a nice cutoff 850 low over eastern nc friday night. Should provide a nice band of snow over central nc. Exciting trends on the nam tonight for the triangle.

Can I ask a dumb question? What the best way to see this 850 on the models? Pick any model as I am trying to learn

22 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

I'm gonna pretend I didn't see the latest RDPS. Gives me less than an inch after multiple runs with 4 to 6

snku_acc.us_ma (1) (22).png

Me and BIGFOSTY are in the snow hole 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Eric Thomas had a 20min discussion on fb and upped snow totals in the Charlotte Metro. I'm in SW Concord near Harrisburg and I am in 3-5" zone per his map!

If that damn warm nose will just stay south!!

• Haha 1

I have to say I’m beyond happy to have a legit thread in the region I now call home. With that being said I’m not overly optimistic on any real accumulations once you get to Charlotte. It just appears the cold air is not entrenched enough with this and lags behind before this becomes almost convective snow. I noticed that GSP has even hinted at possible thunder snow which makes sense with the forcing aloft.

Looks like a solid shot for Gatlinburg, Asheville & over to Winston-Salem. Would be a good weekend to ski in Eastern NC.

3 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Has anyone seen the WSI RPM Model? Not sure how accurate it is but it's way north...

I have it through WSI. It may look north of other guidance..... But its been trending south the last several runs. At 15z it had accumulating snow into Winchester and near Baltimore  if that helps..

I just wonder if the models are having a hard time since all the ull and moving parts and pieces. One run home run next strike out. I’m about to buy a carton of cigarettes lol 

10 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Has anyone seen the WSI RPM Model? Not sure how accurate it is but it's way north...

11 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

This was 21z for reference. Things are going the wrong way.

Screenshot_20210106-230310_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1

With the 0z/6z model suite, inside 36 hours, Virginia has been taken completely out of play. Absolutely unprecedented 100+ mile SOUTH shift on every single model. Congratulations GA, SC and NC. Unreal.