Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

43 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My oil furnace has been making an obnoxious squeaky noise when firing up this winter.  The internet told me to change the filter, and now it's whisper quiet.

Why'd I wait so long?

ha, don't you love when that happens.

this made me think of something we did recently, had an HVAC company come out and install a whole house UV filter. OMG, it is amazing. We've noticed such a huge improvement in just the smell of the air in the house, less dust, etc. Highly recommend it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Just read the article.  We would need YouTube TV to add it to the channel line up to access it because you will need to "authenticate with a cable provider".

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

seems like MASN is canning a bunch of the broadcast staff tho (Kolko, others)

that sucks.  I like Kolko.  I've been hoping Nats drop MASN for awhile now (I realize there's the dispute pending yadda yadda) - but hopefully when that is finally cleared up, they move to NBCSW or do a Fox regional sports network.  MASN is just terrible (streaming blackout was one of the reasons).

2 hours ago, DanTheMan said:

Hate hate hate MASN letting go of Kolko Chappell and Porter 

From what I've read elsewhere, MASN has cancelled the pre and post-game shows for both the Nationals and the Orioles, and if the teams themselves wish to have them, they will be producing the shows themselves (I also get the sense they would be taking on the salaries of the hosts).

14 minutes ago, Avdave said:

wow it is snowing in Cumberland.  Some of the older timers on here will get this from way back when era

FAIL SNOW CBE.jpg

Good to see you posting Dave.  Visited my Mom in Cumberland recently.  The old Moose lodge just to the left of that image is now a marijuana dispensary and the old Kelly Springfield tire plant over that hill on the left is a growing facility, lol.  

15 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Good to see you posting Dave.  Visited my Mom in Cumberland recently.  The old Moose lodge just to the left of that image is now a marijuana dispensary and the old Kelly Springfield tire plant over that hill on the left is a growing facility, lol.  

Hey Craig, Thanks, I live in NC now but I visit here to track real winter systems lol.   I bet things have changed since I was last out in Cumberland. Times are a changing, with the dispensery lol. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Why is much ballyhooed New and improved NWS radar stuck on same  image since 7pm  on DCA Page ?

What do you care, you’re still living in the meteorological 1800s. Radar won’t come along for another 75 years for you. Just use the pressure in Pittsburgh to figure it out. But I hope the pony express travels fast or else the storm will be over by the time you get it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

I really don't think many people in here realize how incredible 1993 superstorm was...especially younger folks and also those who lived i95 east ...but regardless I'm glad I got to experience its incredible awesomeness 1st hand. 

I’m with you on that one. A fun story ...it was my 2nd year living in the DC area, and my sister and her friend drove down from CT the day before, as we all planned to drive to Daytona Beach for Spring Break. As the storm approached, we debated on waiting a few days until it passed. But we would have missed part of Spring Break, so late that night we decided to roll. The four of us (my roommate included) piled in my tiny 1985 Nissan Sentra and drove straight through the Superstorm to Daytona Beach. Absolutely crazy. Driving through snow to rain and wind, and arriving to a ruined Spring Break with temps in the 40’s and 50’s most of the week in Daytona Beach. The craziest part was in Georgia where highways were stopped because it was raining so hard, like driving under a continuous waterfall! Never seen anything like it before or since.

41 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Oh lord you are way too invested with this one...God forbid it falls apart...the meltdown will be apocalyptic 

I just glance through that thread at this point. Some are really setting themselves up. I hope it works out ofc, but for now I do my model analysis and keep my thoughts to myself.

100% chance this doesn't hold everyday for 5 days the sad thing is anything less than the huge euro run and some will be deeply disappointed...the first run that doesn’t show 20" plus snow log off because it will be unbearable in here for a bit. Yeah...I wrote that in ink

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic