Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,130
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Newest Member
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Joined

January Banter 2021


Eskimo Joe
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

As one of the few in here that actually believes in the NAM, especially within range, it's consistency is a major red flag. I know NO ONE wants to hear that though. I'd take the NAM in a street fight over the RGEM most days. 

I'm wrong a lot in life though, and I often put my confidence in the wrong things, so hopefully this is just another one of those times. 

nam is pretty good esp in the short range. the fact that it and the euro have generally turned the backside into very little is a flag for sure. not sure I'm too worried about tomorrow tho... see what the gfs says I suppose.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m going to go to bed tonight, safe in the knowledge that the kids will be outside playing with their friends in the snow by lunchtime, and that everything should be covered by the time they have to come in for dinner. I’ll revel in watching the kids play, and will enjoy the company of the other parents in the neighborhood who will be watching their kids, as well.

No idea what’ll come after the WAA snow, but I begrudgingly accept that it very likely won’t be what I’d like it to be. Then...come Monday afternoon, I’ll refrain from watching the radar as much as possible and will tune out of here until it’s all done.

Then I’ll be back to track whatever fate befalls us in February!

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

so i was the victim of a hit and run this evening. the guy behind me was mad because i slowed down at a RR crossing and was driving the speed limit (25 MPH) in town. he deliberately rammed me 3 times and when i pulled over, he drove around me and left.

i am totally unharmed. my car, naso much, but it's minor. my car is a tank so he did a lot of damage to the front of his truck. dumbass.

Sorry to hear!  I’m sure that was scary to have happen. Cars can be fixed. People can’t. Glad you weren’t hurt

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Amorphous Iodine said:

This afternoon on WTOP I heard forty-eight inches  in DC and north; thirty-six inches in the southern suburbs.

 

Lol I heard that this afternoon. It definitely sounded like she said 48 inches rather than 4 to 8. So if a few people are going crazy panic buying food/toiletries and spreading rumors about 4 feet of snow we know why. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wxtrix said:

so i was the victim of a hit and run this evening. the guy behind me was mad because i slowed down at a RR crossing and was driving the speed limit (25 MPH) in town. he deliberately rammed me 3 times and when i pulled over, he drove around me and left.

i am totally unharmed. my car, naso much, but it's minor. my car is a tank so he did a lot of damage to the front of his truck. dumbass.

Glad you are okay, that sounds terrifying. I know its hard during something like this but try and remember all the details about him and his vehicle. Also if you were driving past any businesses you might want to go back and see if any have security cameras  that catch the road. Make sure you note date/time of when you were driving through. The RR crossing might have cameras too from CSX or whoever owns the rails. If you can get a color/make of the vehicle to police they might have an idea of who it is. Usually people like this don't just suddenly fly off the handle and he might have priors, especially if its a rural/small town area. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Ian said:

nam is pretty good esp in the short range. the fact that it and the euro have generally turned the backside into very little is a flag for sure. not sure I'm too worried about tomorrow tho... see what the gfs says I suppose.   

I believe you said something similar last night on Twitter. I concur.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I’m going to go to bed tonight, safe in the knowledge that the kids will be outside playing with their friends in the snow by lunchtime, and that everything should be covered by the time they have to come in for dinner. I’ll revel in watching the kids play, and will enjoy the company of the other parents in the neighborhood who will be watching their kids, as well.

No idea what’ll come after the WAA snow, but I begrudgingly accept that it very likely won’t be what I’d like it to be. Then...come Monday afternoon, I’ll refrain from watching the radar as much as possible and will tune out of here until it’s all done.

Then I’ll be back to track whatever fate befalls us in February!

This. We are getting at least 4-6 tomorrow. All of us. Just enjoy it while it falls. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I saw this was a MIller B, I knew we had big chances at blowing it. Really hope the front end shows up as advertised because I don't put much faith into the coastal. Feel like we have better odds with the gulf low -> tenn valley -> transfer than the ohio valley -> transfer setups. 

Its obviously a complex setup since models are still all over the place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This. We are getting at least 4-6 tomorrow. All of us. Just enjoy it while it falls. 

Yeah this is what's best...I think we are going through the acceptance phase of not getting the ccb (I mean I know the possibility isn't completely gone, but I'd rather not look to it anymore). If we focus too much on that we'll miss the 4-6" falling right outside the window. That can still be enjoyed...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That being said...I swear if my yard gets trolled and fails to reach the 5" mark I'm gonna throw something, lol I mean C'MON...warning level criteria: does it have to be that elusive???? Jan. 2019 trolled me with a measure of 4.8"...so no warming criteria. I'd hate to see this one do it too. Now hopefully we'll have some opportunities in February (looks promising), so there is that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...