• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nyrangers1022
    Newest Member
    nyrangers1022

January Discobs 2021

4 minutes ago, umdterps29 said:

What are we thinking for today/tonight at deep creek? I see we have a WWA for 2-4 overnight 

That’s prob fair. The upslope is always so tough to get right. I could see the 2-4 at deep creek playing out while the Canaan area gets 3-6. 

2 hours ago, umdterps29 said:

What are we thinking for today/tonight at deep creek? I see we have a WWA for 2-4 overnight 

Snow showers developing this afternoon in more frequency (had about 3-4 rounds move through this morning). LWX has 4-6” additional accumulation through tomorrow morning for McHenry. 

and your 3.2” seems spot on. I measured again last night at a few places around my house and had 3” on the nose and I’m at 2800’ down past the college. 

5 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Snow showers here have been pretty lame so far. 

Pretty steady snow shower at the top of Wisp right now. Not really accumulating but it’s nice to look at with the scene already set from yesterday

From NWS

..SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS...

Scattered snow showers are moving across the region. While road
temperatures are mostly above freezing, air temperatures may
quickly fall to near freezing, and a brief period of very low
visibility is also possible. Roads may briefly become slushy and a
quick coating of snow may occur on non-paved surfaces. Motorists
should use caution for the next several hours.

16 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

43F. What time will the snow start?

42 here. Legit cold front this was.

I think it might get to 30 tonight. It was in the low 20s pretty much every night last week lol.

47 tomorrow. We need to do better going forward. I think we will. Finally.

20 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

My daughter down in the Staunton area says literal blizzard going on down there. 

It was a flizzard for sure.  Intense bursts of snow, some with the sun shining through.

57 minutes ago, umdterps29 said:

Had SN+ in deep creek for about 30 mins and picked up close another inch from yesterday. A little over 4” so far this weekend 

I’m probably 20 or so air miles south of you at 3400’ and there’s been almost nothing since yesterday afternoon 

I spent most of the day today around Deep Creek.  The lake is definitely trying to freeze over, but the ice is still thin.  You get back to brown ground though basically at the Allegany county line, even before you reach Cumberland.  

Photo from approximately 1:30 this afternoon, off 219 just south of the bridge into McHenry.

Lake 1.16.jpg

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, RIC_WX said:

I spent most of the day today around Deep Creek.  The lake is definitely trying to freeze over, but the ice is still thin.  You get back to brown ground though basically at the Allegany county line, even before you reach Cumberland.  

Photo from approximately 1:30 this afternoon, off 219 just south of the bridge into McHenry.

Lake 1.16.jpg

Im just south of glendale rd and our cove is frozen. People were out there today ice fishing. Not sure how thick but it felt solid :ph34r:.

2 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

Im just south of glendale rd and our cove is frozen. People were out there today ice fishing. Not sure how thick but it felt solid :ph34r:.

We bought some property this past summer off N Glade so close by for sure.  Construction is a slow process here, complicated by doing a lot of the work myself.  Hoping to be part time residents by summer, was just up for the day to check on some things...looking forward to next winter already.

N Glade.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

42 here. Legit cold front this was.

I think it might get to 30 tonight. It was in the low 20s pretty much every night last week lol.

47 tomorrow. We need to do better going forward. I think we will. Finally.

It's been in the 30s and 40s here for highs  5 to 6 weeks straight.  Permanent cold front brother .32 days with snow on the ground ( if u count piles :whistle::icecream:

11 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Will you be selling your breads at the brewery once the new business is up and running?

We will sell some at the brewery until we get the bakery/cafe space opened later this year.  We're leasing a space in a building they are renovating on the Blackwater Riverfront area.  We will have windows on three sides of the space that pull up garage door style in warm weather with views of the river.  We will probably end up selling Stumptown beer there along with wine.  So many options with this space we haven't really worked out everything in our plan yet.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, jonjon said:

We will sell some at the brewery until we get the bakery/cafe space opened later this year.  We're leasing a space in a building they are renovating on the Blackwater Riverfront area.  We will have windows on three sides of the space that pull up garage door style in warm weather with views of the river.  We will probably end up selling Stumptown beer there along with wine.  So many options with this space we haven't really worked out everything in our plan yet.

Sounds awesome! Are they renovating in Davis? Along the river near the bridge and park?