• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec (Edit: Jan1/..2 ) multi-faceted ptype mess potential...

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Models are a mess up here. Euro and GFS16 with quite a bit of ZR. Maybe some S/IP to start. 

Yeah ... my take on this this morning is that the entire banded region of impact specifics have shifted some 100 mi N of when this thread began... But, there's probably going to be some subjective and/or imby-ism ... Most places will see a flake or two.. hear some pings... and may glaze.  It'll be a matter of how long one spends in along that spectrum - less S, ...longer N..

I just have difficulty believing the Euro will be "that" wrong with the general layout ... not at this range, and the above is still satisfied in a Euro evolution.  It can bust - sure... But, we have no crystal ball and the gamble of least regret, it is just too inconsistent with the Euro's verification to see that happening so we wait so that cacklers can claim the Euro is never as good as used to be in the off chance that it proves not to actually be a conduit for the thoughts of god - ... 

So, bearing that in mind - and in no small part ( for me ..), the 06z GFS took a pretty significant step toward the Euro's timing/placement re the high up up N of Maine ...

I really see this as a quicker transition  - save for the valleys ... which may hold out a bit longer for cold puddling. You folks up your way will concomitantly take longer to move through your rendition of this ultimately 'scrape-by' event to 'feel' like this winter isn't really fool's errand - lol

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah ... my take on this this morning is that the entire banded region of impact specifics have shifted some 100 mi N of when this thread began... But, there's probably going to be some subjective and/or imby-ism ... Most places will see a flake or two.. hear some pings... and may glaze.  It'll be a matter of how long one spends in along that spectrum - less S, ...longer N..

I just have difficulty believing the Euro will be "that" wrong with the general layout ... not at this range, and the above is still satisfied in a Euro evolution.  It can bust - sure... But, we have no crystal ball and the gamble of least regret, it is just to inconsistent with the Euro's verification to see that happening so we wait so that cacklers can claim the Euro is never as good as used to be in the off chance that it proves not to actually be a conduit for the thoughts of god - ... 

So, bearing that in mind - and in no small part ( for me ..), the 06z GFS took a pretty significant step toward the Euro's timing/placement re the high up up N of Maine ...

I really see this as a quicker transition  - save for the valleys ... which may hold out a bit longer for cold puddling.

I just don’t see this as a big deal in SNE. I never really did. As soon as the precip moves in, HP slips east and WAA ensues. No real polar drain and meso low locking in nrly ageo component.  Maybe Berks and nrn ORH county get some decent ice? I could see some snow right along nrn border with NH. South of pike? Not a big deal imo. 

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I just don’t see this as a big deal in SNE. I never really did. As soon as the precip moves in, HP slips east and WAA ensues. No real polar drain and meso low locking in nrly ageo component.  Maybe Berks and nrn ORH county get some decent ice? I could see some snow right along nrn border with NH. South of pike? Not a big deal imo. 

This was always predicated on the idea of lower polar wedging and removing that, we'd be skunked - well... it's 2020 !!

The 'never really did' - fine... The thread was 'light to moderate' ..others like to spin things up perhaps. I don't know who said what.. .but, these bolded pieces are completely fair to be honest.  There were in fact better indications of those now missing features you mention - even in the early Euro runs, semblances of meso circulations.. better delays of the high.  that's the way it looked like 4 days back... heh.   Anyway, it was a worth journey .. It started evolving toward less after the fact. 

As it stands now ... no argument moving forward.   

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This was always predicated on the idea of lower polar wedging and removing that, we'd be skunked - well... it's 2020 !!

The 'never really did' - fine... The thread was 'light to moderate' ..others like to spin things up perhaps. I don't know who said what.. .but, these bolded pieces are completely fair to be honest.  There were in fact better indications of those now missing features you mention - even in the early Euro runs, semblances of meso circulations.. better delays of the high.  that's the way it looked like 4 days back... heh.   Anyway, it was a worth journey .. It started evolving toward less after the fact. 

As it stands now ... no argument moving forward.   

It’s gonna be interesting for some here, so worthy of talking about for sure. I guess it just boils down to geographics and who sees what type stuff. 

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

All i care right now is to head north for the time being.

image.thumb.png.055fbcb1c874c27ad1899dd65e2a5d89.png

That would almost get us back in business up north, the lake has about 4 to 5 inches of ice in town which ideally we'll be grooming by the weekend after MLK day if things come around ok. No real cold is a bit concerning coming up. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The v16 is a better look here than the original. Best snows being shown a little north of me into ME, hoping as the mesoscale models get into range that smooths out a little. 

Still feeling pretty good about 6-10" for the entire storm (including front-running stuff and upslope).

I pray you’re right

• Like 1