Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

ORH_wxman

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

you should try it.  in fact i think yo uhave

Mine are generally once the snow is falling and the radar returns are east of me like Jan 15 or north of me like Mar 17 or south of me like Jan 16. Like it’s super obvious it’s not happenning. I need to melt hard and fast the day prior though, that’s the trick...your post yesterday was too funny. 

Obv I kid...melting has nothing to do with but I’d imagine the huge emotional swing is euphoric. 

You guys up north should get this every couple years though. This is what 21st century winters should behave like ha. 

Congrats.

2 hours ago, DomNH said:

Really just weenie -SN that approaches moderate here and there. May be enough to eek us into double digits but mostly just mood snow at this point. 

Only mood snow here since the wcb moved through early this morning ....lower ct valley screw zone...somewhere between 8 and 10 inches.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nov- Dec Jan snows so so much better than mid Feb and Morch. They just feel so different. You know they’ll stick around and not start to melt 3 hours before it stops snowing under the midday sun. I’d take early winters every time

I also like dec-jan snows the best but i’ll take a lifetime snow event in June if I could. Haven’t had 16+ since Jan 11. 

4 minutes ago, Thunderblizzard said:

How much you got? Been steady light snow in the nothing returns here for a bit , might have snagged another 0.1-0.2”

12.1. friend of mine snagged 1.0" from that in seymour

ill have to see what we get from this but its crazy out there right now, didnt expect it, went from sunny to S+ real quick and very windy

My snowblower broke... had to go pick one up at Home Depot in Mansfield.... absolutely wild ride. Roads a disaster.... white out. Temp went from 30 at home to 20 when I arrived at Home Depot.

Wind whipped fluff at home now on top of absolute concrete pack.... looks like another 2-3” since I left and came back... it’s compacting but we’ve had like 15-16”.... beast mode storm