Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

Just now, CoastalWx said:

If you are anywhere, especially CNE on south you are in the game. West....east....all in. I find it hard to think this doesn’t tick NW.

With crazy confluence like this ahead of it, how far NW though? I can see some room for that sure but this setup looks pretty classic to me for a pretty big hit at least Philly on NE. And enough of a miller A element to it for perhaps DC too. I know plenty of time for things to go wrong but to me overall a nice evolution for now at least. And I'm thinking this could be one of those heartbreak storms where it goes from 12" to 2" in 50 miles or less because of the incoming dry air. 

Just now, jm1220 said:

With crazy confluence like this ahead of it, how far NW though? I can see some room for that sure but this setup looks pretty classic to me for a pretty big hit at least Philly on NE. And enough of a miller A element to it for perhaps DC too. I know plenty of time for things to go wrong but to me overall a nice evolution for now at least. And I'm thinking this could be one of those heartbreak storms where it goes from 12" to 2" in 50 miles or less because of the incoming dry air. 

Given the air mass in place and the setup this thing can basically track just east of Montauk and the only places that would mix would be the Islands and maybe parts of the Cape 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

That s/w as modeled is strong. The wave is fairly far offshore and likely tied to baroclinic processes with the help of some positive vorticity advection from the s/w.  So, if this s/w were to be even stronger, it may bump a little NW. 

13 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

It’s def a miller A on some of these runs where the S/W digs down and then shears a bit. You never get a strong primary into the Oh valley on those runs.

I’m still a bit leery though of that considering how potent the shortwave is and going neutral pretty early on.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s def a miller A on some of these runs where the S/W digs down and then shears a bit. You never get a strong primary into the Oh valley on those runs.

I’m still a bit leery though of that considering how potent the shortwave is and going neutral pretty early on.  

Yep, definitely looks like a situation where it tries to cut north to Cape May and then we see how strong the confluence is and it gets forced east? 

• Like 1