Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t think there is much of a chance for a SE drift. That s/w on the euro is a beast. That has a good chance of tugging the low a little NW on guidance. 

Also had a good chance of transferring later,  which reduces  concerns of blowing load to SW.

Game on for at least a warning event IMO.

• Like 2

this thread is/was intended for the mid/late week system but ... this is complicated and the foreground antics in the flow are involved with what transitively sets up downstream...which ( phew ) in turn modulates on the timing and placement of key evolving components for the latter system - so...the thread encapsulates the whole damn thing -

Summary:

Monday system may phase and stall into a 50/50 scenario -  that would slow and probably back amplify the flow into the MA for the 16th..

or -

Monday scoots out ..phases misses.. .and the 16th may rely upon western ridging (correcting...) and needle thread timing a potent S/W  ...

or -

something in between ...

But I don't know if we can really disconnect all this shit and do the whole thing justice - ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yet... all this predicated on the assumption the Pacific is sampling sufficiently to keep the 'wiggles' in check - but ...this thing Monday's nearing the coast and all the sudden?  Given the antecedent and carrying on with it, fast flat high error prone flow ...determinism is at a premium.  Think the general idea of Monday phasing and 50/50 the hell outta NF is probably heading in the right direction - too much multi-modal NAO support and it fits that paradigm really ...  If there's ever a chance for the f'n bevy of guidance to get one of these damn NAO's right ...this would appear to be the best likely candidate time -

That being the case ... the mid week approaching the MA I think gets some modulation - ...hmmm stroke goatees

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t think there is much of a chance for a SE drift. That s/w on the euro is a beast. That has a good chance of tugging the low a little NW on guidance. 

WPC map for three days has had probabilities for snowfall that went well up into northern New England. I don’t think they have seen this as a southeast slider, Can you guys keep talking about the mid levels which always excites me

• Weenie 1