Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The icon basically finds a way to make the warmest solution overall from DC to NYC given the pattern.  You couldn’t duplicate that in real life if you tried with the surface and upper features where they are 

GFS paraplegic last night looked somewhat similar

(edit...bad take here...similarly amped but they get there differently)

3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The icon basically finds a way to make the warmest solution overall from DC to NYC given the pattern.  You couldn’t duplicate that in real life if you tried with the surface and upper features where they are 

Yeah no that’s next to geophysicallly impossible ... Not sure if it’s a simple as just making the QPF loaded colder or lowering the QPF to atone for the cold but either way ...no way it could be that warm with a high positioned like that physically impossible it’s a bad model solution 

3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Hopefully here the transfer and nudge east from the confluence can save us. Does seem like at some point that takes over and forces the storm east. Still way far out though. We also need a good PNA ridge. 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah no that’s next to geophysicallly impossible ... Not sure if it’s a simple as just making the QPF loaded colder or lowering the QPF to atone for the cold but either way ...no way it could be that warm with a highlighter like that physically impossible it’s a bad model solution 

It just erodes the CAD signature over places like EWR in 2 hours which wouldn’t happen 

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah no that’s next to geophysicallly impossible ... Not sure if it’s a simple as just making the QPF loaded colder or lowering the QPF to atone for the cold but either way ...no way it could be that warm with a high positioned like that physically impossible it’s a bad model solution 

Southern stream is pretty amped this run and the confluence shoots right on out. Not saying it's right...it's the German model for god's sake...but I'm not surprised it's way more N this run based on the upper air.

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

My guess is the GFS doesn’t budge on Monday (it’s a classic type event where the GFS is a holdout til the last minute) and it ends up fairly similar to prior runs for Wednesday less amped than the Euro 

It’s in speed heaven for the past 7 .. 10 years. Lol.  It’s too stoned to notice Monday’s memo. 

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Southern stream is pretty amped this run and the confluence shoots right on out. Not saying it's right...it's the German model for god's sake...but I'm not surprised it's way more N this run based on the upper air.

Yeah I wasn’t looking at the deep layer Brian I’m just noticing the surface position of the high - it’s not moving off it’s perch north of Maine quickly enough to believe that CAD can be eroded that quickly that’s not really sensible in physical science or a climate sense

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah I wasn’t looking at the deep layer Brian I’m just noticing the surface position of the high - it’s not moving off it’s perch north of Maine quickly enough to believe that CAF can be eroded that quickly that’s not really sensible in physical science or a climate sense

Here's the last 3 runs. Quite a different look vs 12/18z.

icontrend.gif

12 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It just erodes the CAD signature over places like EWR in 2 hours which wouldn’t happen 

Almost an indictment of its BL resolution one wonders. With a high in a position like that there’s going to be a barrier jet from Penobscot Maine clear to Trenton New Jersey and there’s nothing that’s going to get through that axis sorry