Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I thought that storm just didn't gain enough latitude for north of the Pike to get the huge totals.  But I loved that storm.  Snowed on a deep pack.

I got 18" in Wilmington, but sharp cutoff just to my north...where I am now, in Methuen had like 6" of sand.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I got 18" in Wilmington, but sharp cutoff just to my north...where I am now, in Methuen had like 6" of sand.

Yeah it was close.  I got about 20 inches.  If you recall, when the ULL swung through we got another 4-6 that was not forecasted.  Fun times that winter.

Just now, RDRY said:

Jan '96, Feb '83 and Boxing Day.

Definitely Boxing Day.  You should have seen Tip's melt!  I ended up getting into the Boston band and got 18 inches but not far from me got screwed.  I'm not sure Jan 96 qualifies.  I was on the west coast in 1983 so I can't comment.

Just now, weathafella said:

Definitely Boxing Day.  You should have seen Tip's melt!  I ended up getting into the Boston band and got 18 inches but not far from me got screwed.  I'm not sure Jan 96 qualifies.  I was on the west coast in 1983 so I can't comment.

March '93 would have been the reigning king if it could have nudged another 100 miles east. As it was, craziest storm conditions I've ever seen.

15 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Jesus. That's all I have to say with that 00Z suite. 

When's the last time we tracked a widespread warning event and possible ku in all of southern New England in Dec. Believe it was 10 years 12/26/10 and the year before that 12/19/09. 

It has been a while since we have seen a negative nao

12 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Jesus. That's all I have to say with that 00Z suite. 

When's the last time we tracked a widespread warning event and possible ku in all of southern New England in Dec. Believe it was 10 years 12/26/10 and the year before that 12/19/09. 

Yes. I remember. But the 2010 storm really did well in far western CT and mass..Hudson Valley New York..and South from there. Central CT on north and easy only received 3-6.

The storm in 2009 was a better and bigger storm through southern New England, but the biggest totals were in Se CT into Se Mass. But we still had nice totals in the Hartford area just shy of a foot. 

80% chance of snow---pretty damn high this far out.

Wednesday
A chance of snow after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 27. North wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Wednesday Night
Snow. Low around 17. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Thursday
Snow likely. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
  • Like 1