Baroclinic Zone

December 5-6, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

My God it’s not easy to get the snowblower hooked up to the Kabota. But it is done and the changeover is happening but taking a long time. But the radar just looks awesome with the heavy echoes in Massachusetts expanding north

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Cat paws mixing in, Trying to get the chains on the John Deere tractor.

Certified weenie when it’s more important to track snowstorms and post maps then prep for the storm itself. Imagine if we did that for a hurricane lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cars and grass getting coated now. This is going to be a nasty paster here. Figured we wouldn’t flip for another hour or two. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Certified weenie when it’s more important to track snowstorms and post maps then prep for the storm itself. Imagine if we did that for a hurricane lol. 

Ha ha well it ran into hunting season too so priority’s 

Just now, CT Rain said:

Starting to stick here in West Hartford. 33F and mod snow. 

Everything covered here..roads and all. Over performed here already with regard to temp and coverage. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Everything covered here..roads and all. Over performed here already with regard to temp and coverage. 

I'm not sure it's an overperformer. I had you guys in 3-6 and the only way that was happening is if you were accumulating by now. You probably have only until 3 for accumulating snow. 

3 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I'm not sure it's an overperformer. I had you guys in 3-6 and the only way that was happening is if you were accumulating by now. You probably have only until 3 for accumulating snow. 

I guess I meant the temp, and how it’s accumulating on the roads too.  Was expecting rain, or white rain at this point, not heavy snow and full coverage.  

Great call with the more bullish idea for interior CT. Looks to be playing out.