• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

ughhhh where the hell is the 18z GFS? This past like year has been freaking awful with NCEP/NWS products. Horrific page loading issues, displaying previous maps, incorrect graphics, numerous issues with running models. HOW CAN THERE BE SO MANY ISSUES???? I can't stand technology...it's so great yet nothing but a piece of junk. then issues other places too...COD, had problems loading bufkit profiles from PSU...WTF IS GOING ON???????? FIX THINGS

I might be way off base here, but doesn't the 18z gfs usually not start rolling in til 430ish.  Maybe my sources are just slow? 

26 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Are you talking about the QPF charts, or mid level model depictions? if the mid levels trend east, and/or the system matures later, then yes.......but not because the QPF chart simply doesn't show big amounts. Models mainly resolve precipitation from low level forcing, but are not skilled with mid level deformation...vastly underdone.

I don't see how any significant banding gets to western Mass on any recent model depiction outside the 12z GFS.

Feel like most decent storms over the years have one giant burp run at some point.  Now usually its at the 72 hour mark not the 48 hour mark but I wouldn't worry a smidge until it's 2:30 AM and Crown bottles are being angrily thrown against walls and mutthhhaaaafukkkkkas are busting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheBudMan said:

Feel like most decent storms over the years have one giant burp run at some point.  Now usually its at the 72 hour mark not the 48 hour mark but I wouldn't worry a smidge until it's 2:30 AM and Crown bottles are being angrily thrown against walls and mutthhhaaaafukkkkkas are busting. 

GFS and Euro holding will calm the weenies.