• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Treyfish
    Newest Member
    Treyfish

November Discobs 2020

Low of 26. Frosty out. 

Kudos to the GGEM on this morning. It was consistently much colder then the US or Euro guidance and that verified. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Only 30.2, but it was below freezing most of the night.  

Not very often you UHI more than me.  

22 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Those things are so resilient. Couple of warm days and they seem to be back

Like stinkbugs.  Bet we see a few of those in Jan when we torch

17 minutes ago, H2O said:

Like stinkbugs.  Bet we see a few of those in Jan when we torch

I usually see them all over the sunny side of the house in early Fall. Usually see them for weeks when the days are warm but getting shorter. I may have seen 5 total this year. Major difference.

Hopefully something in nature adapted or the farmers eradicated them with insecticide. I will know soon enough. I usually see plenty in the house during winter.

12 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I usually see them all over the sunny side of the house in early Fall. Usually see them for weeks when the days are warm but getting shorter. I may have seen 5 total this year. Major difference.

Hopefully something in nature adapted or the farmers eradicated them with insecticide. I will know soon enough. I usually see plenty in the house during winter.

From speaking with relatives who live south, over the years they have seen a major increase while ours have dwindled to almost nothing. I think we are seeing a migration.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

And @CAPE check around your dryer vent. Many times they cut a square hole for a round duct and don’t seal it. That’s where mine were getting in. Once sealed it almost eliminated them in the house.

They tend to get in up top. I actually sprayed the facia and the eaves/vents this year, and they didn't show up lol. I also wonder if they have been getting in at the ridge vent, because if they do, they are essentially in the house as I have no attic.

One good indicator is none have come in through the chimney. Usually when I open the door on the wood stove insert there are bunches in there, dead and alive. Opened it the other day and not a one.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

They tend to get in up top. I actually sprayed the facia and the eaves/vents this year, and they didn't show up lol. I also wonder if they have been getting in at the ridge vent, because if they do, they are essentially in the house as I have no attic.

One good indicator is none have come in through the chimney. Usually when I open the door on the wood stove insert there are bunches in there, dead and alive. Opened it the other day and not a one.

That is a good sign

9 hours ago, CAPE said:

There actually is a "high" area east of town. Probably 60-70 feet, and the town is 30 or so. It's all relative on the eastern shore.

I think the highest spot on the eastern shore is north of Chestertown. 100 feet or so. Usually when you see elevations of over 100 feet, it's a landfill lol.

Is that the spot north of town where they built the Olive Garden, Chipotle, etc.?  I grew up in Salisbury 

5 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Is that the spot north of town where they built the Olive Garden, Chipotle, etc.?  I grew up in Salisbury 

Yes just east of that general area. Chapel Rd and even running south of there. There are some spots 70+ feet.