• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NWAflizzard
    Newest Member
    NWAflizzard

August Discobs 2020

Just now, Kmlwx said:

If that comes true I'm blaming you entirely. 

You know it's going to happen.

• Like 1

Crickets in here lately. It does look like a pretty boring stretch of weather coming up. Showers around this morning haven't amounted to much. 72 with sprinkles. 

This week could be interesting. Definitely some heat and humidity around. But Back door cold front around Wednesday and Thursday. Then hopefully a fall-like front rolling through Friday or Saturday. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

This week could be interesting. Definitely some heat and humidity around. But Back door cold front around Wednesday and Thursday. Then hopefully a fall-like front rolling through Friday or Saturday. 

Wonder if September continues the theme of recent late summers with the expanded WAR or if we get a break this year.  

Silly CFS, but why buck the recent trends. 

Early September you think looks be be normal based on these indicies then maybe warmer after Sept 10th .

pna.sprd2.gif

ao.sprd2.gif

Next Saturday looks interesting in regards to remnants of Laura  and/ or an MCS passing near the region.

Imagine following this event reinforced NW flow.  

3 hours ago, frd said:

Next Saturday looks interesting in regards to remnants of Laura  and/ or an MCS passing near the region.

Imagine following this event reinforced NW flow.  

The Euro has hurricane force guests at DCA next Friday night.  Their wind product is so much fun.

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

The Euro has hurricane force guests at DCA next Friday night.  Their wind product is so much fun.

Oh my...We already have guests scheduled to visit that weekend. 

;)

One month until the Autumnal equinox.

The daily change in daylight hours will be approaching maximum over the coming weeks.

Yessss!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

One month until the Autumnal equinox.

The daily change in daylight hours will be approaching maximum over the coming weeks.

Yessss!

Its coming.  Already been a couple real nice cool mornings here . Just need rain here .

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Its coming.  Already been a couple real nice cool mornings here . Just need rain here .

Yeah had a few 61-63 degree mornings here.

I have the sprinkler running now. Gotta keep the new grass watered to get those deep roots. Trees still robbing the soil moisture for another month or so.

Not the best pics but this is my one and only waterspout witnessed!  Caught some ocean spray through the binoculars... Pretty weak storm in general...I was surprised it produced anything at all. Only lasted only about 10 minutes. Thursday morning at Sunset Beach.

bagVpu3.jpg

Dd8Ycg4.jpg

• Like 16

Another day , another flood watch.. Set a personal record today with flood watches in a month - 31 years of record keeping...And another 0.00 in the gauge...

1 hour ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Another day , another flood watch.. Set a personal record today with flood watches in a month - 31 years of record keeping...And another 0.00 in the gauge...

And now under another flood warning and still no rain in the gauge....

15 hours ago, CAPE said:

Yeah had a few 61-63 degree mornings here.

I have the sprinkler running now. Gotta keep the new grass watered to get those deep roots. Trees still robbing the soil moisture for another month or so.

Hope you don’t think I’m going all “I know everything about grass” lol, but much of what I’ve read suggests single deep waterings as opposed to frequent shallow waterings. The thought process being if water is always present near the surface the roots have no need to go deep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Can see birds taking flight in 4 different areas, simultaneously, on the Dover radar this morning. Pretty cool.

If that was in Winchester they’d put up another red light.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Hope you don’t think I’m going all “I know everything about grass” lol, but much of what I’ve read suggests single deep waterings as opposed to frequent shallow waterings. The thought process being if water is always present near the surface the roots have no need to go deep.

No I get that. I am working in sections, and have areas in different stages. The first section I did a couple weeks ago almost needs cutting now, and I don't water as often, but longer when I do. But as I have said here before, in general my soil is well drained and dries out quickly. I just loosened/turned over a new area yesterday to seed, and a few inches down it was pretty dry, despite over 9" of rain this month.

Ggem takes remnants right over us Friday with 2” of rain or so. Gfs well north but we still get about 0.5”.

• Like 1

What website has this for the UKMET? My EuroWX/F5 only goes out to 144 hours and has Laura as a 989 over Parkersburg WVA, strengthening however and heading straight east for our region. What was the landfall pressure for Laura on the UKMET?

1 hour ago, southmdwatcher said:

What website has this for the UKMET? My EuroWX/F5 only goes out to 144 hours and has Laura as a 989 over Parkersburg WVA, strengthening however and heading straight east for our region. What was the landfall pressure for Laura on the UKMET?

Pivotal has it 

https://m2.pivotalweather.com/maps/models/ukmet/2020082312/144/sfcwind_mslp.conus.png

I'm sure it's overdone