Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2020 General Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

10 hours ago, uofmiami said:

I’ll take the under, as has been the case to date on 90 degree heat around NYC.

Today could be the day for the Park. Its 79 now, while that's still running a little cooler than surrounding urban area readings already in the low 80s, it still a good enough start to reach 90 in a dry Central Park. Just watch out for a renegade t storm.

36 minutes ago, dWave said:

Today could be the day for the Park. Its 79 now, while that's still running a little cooler than surrounding urban area readings already in the low 80s, it still a good enough start to reach 90 in a dry Central Park. Just watch out for a renegade t storm.

Going to be close.  I'm 3 degree ahead of yesterday out here in Syosset & I got to 85.6 yesterday for the high.

Already 84 degrees here on what should be so far the hottest day of the season .

Overnight guidance continues with a warm outlook, forecasting above normal temps overall and sveral bouts of heat.  Next few days upper 80s low 90s (exceeding when mostly sunny and enhanced by recent dryness) before front pushes through with trough Wed PM - Fri.  Warm back up Sat (6/27) to Mon (6/29).  Ridge builds north again and we likely see some onshore component 6/30 - 7/2 but still looks warm.  Once the flow goes more NW/W by thr 3rd it should be off to the races for the 4th of July weekend.