• Member Statistics

    15,935
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Danny8
    Newest Member
    Danny8
    Joined
George BM

April Discobs 2020

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

3knam coming in much slower with the system progession through our region tomorrow.  If true I'd think some possible training along with local lollies verifying the FFW. 

Takes longer to get here but it’s still only about four hours of rain in any one location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Tom tasselmeyer, local Baltimore tv met, said this past week was the first time with 7 days below normal  in a row at BWI since March 2019. Any guesses on how many 7+ day streaks of above normal since then? :yikes:

Seems like it happens all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Tom tasselmeyer, local Baltimore tv met, said this past week was the first time with 7 days below normal  in a row at BWI since March 2019. Any guesses on how many 7+ day streaks of above normal since then? :yikes:

53.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

For now. What will it look like by the time it arrives?

GFS now has rain/showers for sunday. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, snowfan said:

GFS now has rain/showers for sunday. 

Seems like it’s on its own. Interesting because the day has the potential to be 80 degrees with dry and some sun but any rain and it’s stuck around 60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its like a slow march east. just a massive wall of water on radar

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, yoda said:

LWX didn't seem to agree with your take in their tweet half an hour ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/NWS_BaltWash/status/1255657936128315395

I find we boom on rainfall if we start with the warm front overhead.  Right now it's up in PA so we're at the mercy of katafront precip with the cold front.  It's not the greatest recipe for a soaking rainfall and I'm really hoping for it to soften the soil up for my lawn work this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shattered the daily rainfall record here, 2.19 in gauge this am. Old mark was 0.77 from 1996. Also, looks like 2020 will slide into 2nd place for total rainfall with 7.04 inches. 2011 holds top spot with 7.12 inches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I find we boom on rainfall if we start with the warm front overhead.  Right now it's up in PA so we're at the mercy of katafront precip with the cold front.  It's not the greatest recipe for a soaking rainfall and I'm really hoping for it to soften the soil up for my lawn work this weekend.

I mean, it might not be flooding rains, but I don't see how it isn't a soaking rainfall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I mean, it might not be flooding rains, but I don't see how it isn't a soaking rainfall.

I know I'm arguing semantics, but it's a weather board so bear with me.  To me, soaking rain is a farmer's rain that causes within banks rises on water bodies but not flooding.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I know I'm arguing semantics, but it's a weather board so bear with me.  To me, soaking rain is a farmer's rain that causes within banks rises on water bodies but not flooding.  

This is run of the mill rainfall. And it’s been relatively light with a few burst of moderate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just judging by radar, this looks like a 1-2 inch deal. Don't really see the flooding concerns unless the intensity increases with this line and there is some training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhere around a farmers rain here. Just under a soaking rain but a little more than rain.

But it is oddly wet but oddly not gusty and I can feel something is up with that.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Just judging by radar, this looks like a 1-2 inch deal. Don't really see the flooding concerns unless the intensity increases with this line and there is some training.

The heavier stuff is developing down near Richmond. Looks like it could clip I-95 areas and enhance things a bit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the bit of sunshine on Delmarva this morning has enabled better mixing of the atmosphere.  Several locations are gusting to 40kts+.  Should allow for better instability and a flood/flash flood threat this afternoon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wind has gotten insane here.

Big oak tree just went down on the lot next door. It wasn't healthy but still.

Lots of small branches and debris coming down everywhere.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Wind has gotten insane here.

Big oak tree just went down on the lot next door. It wasn't healthy but still.

Lots of small branches and debris coming down everywhere.

Guesstimation of the strength of the wind gusts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.