• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Danny8
    Newest Member
    Danny8

April Discobs 2020

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

3knam coming in much slower with the system progession through our region tomorrow.  If true I'd think some possible training along with local lollies verifying the FFW. 

Takes longer to get here but it’s still only about four hours of rain in any one location.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Tom tasselmeyer, local Baltimore tv met, said this past week was the first time with 7 days below normal  in a row at BWI since March 2019. Any guesses on how many 7+ day streaks of above normal since then? :yikes:

Seems like it happens all the time.

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Tom tasselmeyer, local Baltimore tv met, said this past week was the first time with 7 days below normal  in a row at BWI since March 2019. Any guesses on how many 7+ day streaks of above normal since then? :yikes:

20 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

For now. What will it look like by the time it arrives?

GFS now has rain/showers for sunday. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, snowfan said:

GFS now has rain/showers for sunday. 

Seems like it’s on its own. Interesting because the day has the potential to be 80 degrees with dry and some sun but any rain and it’s stuck around 60

its like a slow march east. just a massive wall of water on radar

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yoda said:

LWX didn't seem to agree with your take in their tweet half an hour ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/NWS_BaltWash/status/1255657936128315395

I find we boom on rainfall if we start with the warm front overhead.  Right now it's up in PA so we're at the mercy of katafront precip with the cold front.  It's not the greatest recipe for a soaking rainfall and I'm really hoping for it to soften the soil up for my lawn work this weekend.

Shattered the daily rainfall record here, 2.19 in gauge this am. Old mark was 0.77 from 1996. Also, looks like 2020 will slide into 2nd place for total rainfall with 7.04 inches. 2011 holds top spot with 7.12 inches.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I find we boom on rainfall if we start with the warm front overhead.  Right now it's up in PA so we're at the mercy of katafront precip with the cold front.  It's not the greatest recipe for a soaking rainfall and I'm really hoping for it to soften the soil up for my lawn work this weekend.

I mean, it might not be flooding rains, but I don't see how it isn't a soaking rainfall.

16 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I mean, it might not be flooding rains, but I don't see how it isn't a soaking rainfall.

I know I'm arguing semantics, but it's a weather board so bear with me.  To me, soaking rain is a farmer's rain that causes within banks rises on water bodies but not flooding.  

19 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I know I'm arguing semantics, but it's a weather board so bear with me.  To me, soaking rain is a farmer's rain that causes within banks rises on water bodies but not flooding.  

This is run of the mill rainfall. And it’s been relatively light with a few burst of moderate. 

• Like 1

Just judging by radar, this looks like a 1-2 inch deal. Don't really see the flooding concerns unless the intensity increases with this line and there is some training.

Somewhere around a farmers rain here. Just under a soaking rain but a little more than rain.

But it is oddly wet but oddly not gusty and I can feel something is up with that.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Just judging by radar, this looks like a 1-2 inch deal. Don't really see the flooding concerns unless the intensity increases with this line and there is some training.

The heavier stuff is developing down near Richmond. Looks like it could clip I-95 areas and enhance things a bit 

Looks like the bit of sunshine on Delmarva this morning has enabled better mixing of the atmosphere.  Several locations are gusting to 40kts+.  Should allow for better instability and a flood/flash flood threat this afternoon.

• Like 1

Wind has gotten insane here.

Big oak tree just went down on the lot next door. It wasn't healthy but still.

Lots of small branches and debris coming down everywhere.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Wind has gotten insane here.

Big oak tree just went down on the lot next door. It wasn't healthy but still.

Lots of small branches and debris coming down everywhere.

Guesstimation of the strength of the wind gusts?