Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fear and loathing April, 2020 discussion, obs, and the occasional derailment

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Lol.  Got to 67F Yesterday but still pulled off a -2.8 due to low of 28F.

Fabulous COC day yesterday,  65 here. The beach was absolutely stunningly vivid and clear. I cant remember seeing Long Island and Block Island so clearly. Must have been what it was like in the 1800s before mass pollution.  No hype either.  I grew up on those beaches and was stunned.  Today is a good series streaming day. I highly recommend Ozark,  starts off slow but oh my.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Fabulous COC day yesterday,  65 here. The beach was absolutely stunningly vivid and clear. I cant remember seeing Long Island and Block Island so clearly. Must have been what it was like in the 1800s before mass pollution.  No hype either.  I grew up on those beaches and was stunned.  Today is a good series streaming day. I highly recommend Ozark,  starts off slow but oh my.

It did end up being a nice day.  I did not spend as much time as I’d would have liked outside, maybe an hour total.  I had to work yesterday measuring a house for a new clients project and working on another clients ongoing project progressing that one along.  Going to be doing the same today.  For as much that is going on with this disease, we are still relatively busy with our personal work getting calls from people wanting to do additions/renovations.  This would normally have been our vacation week.  My daughter was getting picture notifications of our past ones to Paris and Ireland.  Makes me yearn for the next one.

It’s great to see the pollution levels dropping and being able to see things we’ve likely never been able see from afar before.  I’ve been eyeing that series.  I’ll take a look.  I typically relinquish the TV to my wife so she can watch what she wants.  We like mostly the same shows but there are others she has no desire to watch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

The end of Season 3 was OMG!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Best single season of any television show in TV history. Stunning season 

Ozark was phenomenal.  I had never watched any season before COVID, then binged all of them.  So hooked.

Ranks up there with HBO’s The Wire when I first watched that a few years ago.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ozark was phenomenal.  I had never watched any season before COVID, then binged all of them.  So hooked.

Loved The Wire. Like Bosch too. A different type of great series that is off beat and entertaining is After Life with Ricky Gervais. Another fantastic series is Fauda its subtitled but is about Israeli anti terrorist and  Hamas terrorism squads with incredible insight to both sides. I have a bunch of series under my belt from my days housebound from medical to now isolation 

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

We started Goliath prior to season 3 of Ozark coming out. Now I'm really looking forward to it after hearing this discussion. That said, almost done with season 2 of Goliath and it reminds me a lot of The Wire. First season was OK but second is excellent and off the wall. Cartels be crazy. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The creators of The Wire wanted to do a spin off series titled The Hall that would have followed Mayor Carcetti's political career. HBO passed on the proposal by David Simon. And for a time there was discussion of a movie that would have been a prequel to the TV series. David Simon's book Homicide is a terrific read. The book formed the basis for The Wire.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the rules are for clearing trails in National Forest? We took a walk this morning from the back of my house up towards the upper chair at West Mountain (all National Forest land), and it turns out there are what looks like old trails that are overgrown but have clear signs of human activity (chainsawed trees) and even from satellite images you can see paths that are cleared heading up the mountain. I was wondering what the laws are on cleaning up some of these trails? It was very a very cool walk - plus if I went all the way I could ski all the way back lol

2 minutes ago, alex said:

Does anyone know what the rules are for clearing trails in National Forest? We took a walk this morning from the back of my house up towards the upper chair at West Mountain (all National Forest land), and it turns out there are what looks like old trails that are overgrown but have clear signs of human activity (chainsawed trees) and even from satellite images you can see paths that are cleared heading up the mountain. I was wondering what the laws are on cleaning up some of these trails? It was very a very cool walk - plus if I went all the way I could ski all the way back lol

Personally I wouldn't clear the trails. I think that is up to the agency that is responsible for taking care of the land. There may be reasons why those trails are not being maintained. 

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Billions and The Wire great shows. IMO this season 3 of Ozark overall was the best season of any show 

End of season 3 Ozark was great. Season 3 in Breaking bad was also incredible. For me, Season 3 breaking bad still takes the cake, but Ozark season 3 was pretty close. 

Billions is good, but not close to the others. Game of Thrones of course is up there as well, but some people are not into that type of show. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Personally I wouldn't clear the trails. I think that is up to the agency that is responsible for taking care of the land. There may be reasons why those trails are not being maintained. 

Unless the reason is that nobody cares but me since the trails would really only be accessible from my house... And the NFS doesn't have enough volunteers as it is to maintain the existing trails