Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fear and loathing April, 2020 discussion, obs, and the occasional derailment

Typhoon Tip

12 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Legendarily awful spring but bright and clear this morning.

Really has not been that bad. There’s been a fair amount of nice days mixed in . And for me the huge key is no onshore flow for days. Systems have been progressive. Yesterday and today sunny and 60. That’s fine . We’ve had far worse springs 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Really has not been that bad. There’s been a fair amount of nice days mixed in . And for me the huge key is no onshore flow for days. Systems have been progressive. Yesterday and today sunny and 60. That’s fine . We’ve had far worse springs 

This month has been hot garbage. There has been like 2 bonafide nice days. Generally when it hasn’t been raining, it’s been windy and cold.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol wut it has absolutely sucked this month. 6 inches of rain and -5. The occasional "nice " day. The lowest max temps ever in April as in evah. Who you kidding 

I think this spring demonstrated that New England is the safest place to be on a warming globe. 

Most boring place for weather on the planet. Can anyone think of a place with more boring weather? I'm talking inland.  Any place on the sea is a trip.  Maybe old England is more boring, but even they have their gusty gales. 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol wut it has absolutely sucked this month. 6 inches of rain and -5. The occasional "nice " day. The lowest max temps ever in April as in evah. Who you kidding 

I don’t agree. It’s been BN sure. We’ve had a good amount of sunny days . You’ve posted numerous times about it .. sitting in the sun tanning. No days and days of dreariness. Storms move in and out with no long NE flow and drizzle . Like I said.. it’s been decent . Not great, not warm.. but certainly not terrible 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t agree. It’s been BN sure. We’ve had a good amount of sunny days . You’ve posted numerous times about it .. sitting in the sun tanning. No days and days of dreariness. Storms move in and out with no long NE flow and drizzle . Like I said.. it’s been decent . Not great, not warm.. but certainly not terrible 

It's been terrible. You just said Spring sucks here in texts. :lol:  Your world is one big McKesson sales pitch.

9 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I think this spring demonstrated that New England is the safest place to be on a warming globe. 

Most boring place for weather on the planet. Can anyone think of a place with more boring weather? I'm talking inland.  Any place on the sea is a trip.  Maybe old England is more boring, but even they have their gusty gales. 

Not boring at all here. That wind storm was intense. The 18th snow storm was spectacular. 

38 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Legendarily awful spring but bright and clear this morning.

First time back in Southie early morning in quite some time. Plenty of parking, many people have gone home to families. The more impressive thing is lack of cut through traffic/people in cars. Neighbor is quiet like Christmas morning. Beautiful sunny day amplifies it. Many people running down the beach. All proper distancing, masks etc. People seem to be doing a better job staying home than in Dorchester. 

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's been terrible. You just said Spring sucks here in texts. :lol:  Your world is one big McKesson sales pitch.

Spring does suck. I hate this season . I’ve always said that. It hasn’t been terrible. There’s been enough nice days to make it not awful. Sorry you don’t get it . 
Deal with it
- Cosgrove 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Spring does suck. I hate this season . I’ve always said that. It hasn’t been terrible. There’s been enough nice days to make it not awful. Sorry you don’t get it . 
Deal with it
- Cosgrove 

Maybe you've drank your way through April and don't realize how bad it is?

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Maybe you've drank your way through April and don't realize how bad it is?

Your problem is you let life get to you. The pandemic, issues with the house, kids and home schooling etc. . And a cooler than normal month . It all puts you in a bad, cranky mood. And you let the nice days interspersed this month pass you by

15 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

We haven't had like a week straight of drizzle like we do in some springs, most systems haven't lingered too long, and most days you've had at least half of it salvageable.  

That's how I look at it here.  After a mild 1st week temps have run close to -5 and Saturday's 60 ties 1976 and 78 (in Fort Kent) for coolest monthly max of my 48 Aprils in Maine.  However, despite precip that will finish 40-50% AN (depends on when it starts tomorrow) we're BN for rainy days, tomorrow will make 9 days with measurable precip, average here is 11.4.  Most days rated as "fair" or better, no half-weeks of misery mist, plus 4th largest April snowstorm in my 22 years here.

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Your problem is you let life get to you. The pandemic, issues with the house, kids and home schooling etc. . And a cooler than normal month . It all puts you in a bad, cranky mood. And you let the nice days interspersed this month pass you by

No, it's sucked. Everything. Sucks. You're right. The weather has compounded everything. Add a shit wx month with everything else...it blows. Only good thing is the weight I've lost. Try working full time with two parents in positions requiring a lot of attn to their jobs and home schooling/child care a soon to be 3yr old and 7 yr old.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No, it's sucked. Everything. Sucks. You're right. The weather has compounded everything. Add a shit wx month with everything else...it blows. Only good thing is the weight I've lost. Try working full time with two parents in positions requiring a lot of attn to their jobs and home schooling/child care a soon to be 3yr old and 7 yr old.

It is very tough when the kids are young. They require a ton of attention.  
Are you guys all healthy?  That’s paramount.  And food in the pantry?  
Got to take care of yourselves.  
This does suck for pretty much everyone in different ways

Kevin trying to polish a pretty epic April turd this morning.

Just admit this has been horrific and move on. Yeah, there's probably a couple years that may have been worse with a 6 day wheel-o-rhea, but that isn't much of a consolation. That's like saying 2002-2003 or 1993-1994 winters sucked because it wasn't as good as 2014-2015.

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It is very tough when the kids are young. They require a ton of attention.  
Are you guys all healthy?  That’s paramount.  And food in the pantry?  
Got to take care of yourselves.  
This does suck for pretty much everyone in different ways

Yep, health and food are fine luckily. Just a lot of work. And for whatever reason, I feel like my house decided to need work done. LOL. Good timing.

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure we said it’s been BN. No one arguing there. There’s been a decent amount of sunny days . Some like the last several that were warmer. Sun in April is rare . You can wear shorts at 55-60 and feel warm. The point is there’s been no long extended cold rainy periods. And nice dats mixed in. No denying it.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m pretty sure we said it’s been BN. No one arguing there. There’s been a decent amount of sunny days . Some like the last several that were warmer. Sun in April is rare . You can swear shorts at 55-60 and feel warm. The point is there’s been no long extended cold rainy periods. And nice dats mixed in. No denying it.

You have consistently mocked NNErs for saying this about pleasant summer evenings for years.  I don't know why I should ever be surprised by your spin but once in a while something pops out the does indeed surprise me.

24 minutes ago, mreaves said:

You have consistently mocked NNErs for saying this about pleasant summer evenings for years.  I don't know why I should ever be surprised by your spin but once in a while something pops out the does indeed surprise me.

I don’t mock them for that. I said that’s too cool for summer. At night in summer that’s cool. You’d have to wear a long sleeve shirt with shorts. The same as you would in Napril. In warm Napril sun it’s warm enough to no jacket . 

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t mock them for that. I said that’s too cool for summer. At night in summer that’s cool. You’d have to wear a long sleeve shirt with shorts. The same as you would in Napril. In warm Napril sun it’s warm enough to jacket . 

It is a glorious morning.  The sun feels beyond awesome 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t mock them for that. I said that’s too cool for summer. At night in summer that’s cool. You’d have to wear a long sleeve shirt with shorts. The same as you would in Napril. In warm Napril sun it’s warm enough to no jacket . 

If I had the time I'd PS the Rev's head in this

move the goal posts.gif

• Haha 3