• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

Feb 20-21 OBS ( all bets off)

Still rain here. 1.28" so far. Sitting at 36/35. Although we needed the rain, am disappointed as usual. I really hate this area.

1 minute ago, superjames1992 said:

I’m just NW of US 15-501 at Garrett Road.

I took the dogs out and we definitely have seen it pick up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I'm glad to see you got something man!  I've seen many winters in Gaston and St. Matthew's with less.  

Too many years to count  :lol:  

• Like 1

Snow today in GA was HIGHLY elevation driven. Switched to rain/snow mix around 1600 feet and non accumulating all snow at 2000 feet then ramped up to the max in my photos at the top at 3160’.   Sweet spot started to max right around 2750 feet.  Temp was 34 but fell so hard it stuck. Roads were treated and pretty clear except for some slush. 

Took a drive around the area since I wanted to try my new WRX in the snow.  There's definitely a lot of slushy spots out there in the areas where there's no running water and shady areas where the pavement didn't get a lot of radiation this afternoon.  Also, there's some power outages up near Duke and some trees are bending down hanging over the roadway blocking some of the roads because of the heavy wet snow.  They actually had one of the roads near Duke closed down.

Light snow continues, but it seems like it may be starting to taper off.

Probably about 1.5" near Vidant in Greenville. Kinda surprised there's not more considering how long its been snowing at a good clip. But as I said, the wind is whipping out here, so may be hard to measure

7 minutes ago, Snownado said:

I cant believe there are actually some school closings in SC. I wasnt aware that any part of SC got that much snow.

You know how people up north make fun of us down here because we don't handle snow like they do?

Don't be that guy. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I ended up with 2” ten miles north of Greensboro.  Small victory considering the craptacular winter we’ve had.  I’ve officially received twice as much snow as DC and Philly COMBINED this season.  Think about that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snownado said:

Its just kinda silly honestly. It's totally illogical and irrational. Snow makes southerners lose their minds.

So putting children's lives in danger due to icy roads is okay?(this is a rhetorical question)  This is an obs thread, and unless you have a weather observation to add, read more and post less  ;)