• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

It makes since how we are running below-average for precipitation this winter given we're below-average in terms of snow. Isn't there a pretty decent positive correlation to precipitation/snowfall departures across our parts? Then as you get like to PHL on south the correlation to snowfall is more related to temperature departures? Like we can still get above-average snowfall with temperatures a bit above-average but go to PHL...very tough to do

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Why has zero to do with short term dryness from my original post. We are discussing ground dryness not reservoir levels and fake droughts.  You dont understand the difference but that's ok we understand 

More BS in Tolland...Twist and Spin everything to make look like he's correct..when it's nothing of the sort.  

We all get your point Ginx and understand what you were originally trying to say, and you are correct.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

It makes since how we are running below-average for precipitation this winter given we're below-average in terms of snow. Isn't there a pretty decent positive correlation to precipitation/snowfall departures across our parts? Then as you get like to PHL on south the correlation to snowfall is more related to temperature departures? Like we can still get above-average snowfall with temperatures a bit above-average but go to PHL...very tough to do

yeah, pretty much every.single.storm cutting way west hasn't helped. Speaking for SNE. It's nbd being the driest time of year...keep it dry through March and there are probably some issues.

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

when something shows something that goes against snow/cold it ruffles feathers 

I don't think it's that.  I know it's shown BN temps and AN precip in the winter and it's not worked out.  I think the angst has more to do with being able to predict something so far out.  I do agree that there are biased people but that's on both sides of the spectrum.

Does anyone have any numbers on accurate the CPC's calls are in different time frames?

15 hours ago, dendrite said:

Pretty sure he said Jan was drier?

I could go for a drought right now. We've only had about 4.5" of rain since 1/1, but OND were really wet.

Same here for Jan 1 on, but OND were only slightly (6%) AN.  Oct was +2.1 while Nov/Dec were -1.2.  If we get 1" or so from this coming event, the 5-month precip would be very close to my average.