Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

Just now, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

that’s my point...Tough either way here as a preliminary guess and no, I absolutely do not want slushy cat paws. I’d be shocked though, if it was that type of region wide hit with late northern stream interaction. Not that it hasn’t happened before, just with this system in particular 

I hear you...just saying..not literal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I like the overall look a 114 hours on the GFS...the southern stream is in the mix but not bonkers and you have the potent N stream diving in to set it off. Regardless of what happens on the run verbatim, that's the overall look you want to see. Happens on several of our biggies including Feb 2013.

That potent northern stream diving in, but not turning north until Bermuda is disappointing.

One of the southern stream events of the past that scarred me for a long time was one that crushed SE MA in a marginal airmass. Feb 28 - Mar 1, 2005.....

Not what you would intuitively guess for a southern streamer in a marginal airmass, but they got like 15" of snow in 5 hours while our 10-12" forecast turned into 5-6" in ORH at verification time.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

As all have been this year, I agree

Not like last year when almost every snowstorm (until April) had a fair amount of IP/ZR/RA.  November started the same way this year but that's par for Novie.  Since then it's been black or white - Dec 1 on I've had 4 RA events drop 3.62" with 0.2" total frozen, and 6 events 1"+ plus a bunch of smaller ones that totaled 2.82" LE and 31.1" SN with essentially nothing but flakes.

• Like 1

Just now, tamarack said:

Not like last year when almost every snowstorm (until April) had a fair amount of IP/ZR/RA.  November started the same way this year but that's par for Novie.  Since then it's been black or white - Dec 1 on I've had 4 RA events drop 3.62" with 0.2" total frozen, and 6 events 1"+ plus a bunch of smaller ones that totaled 2.82" LE and 31.1" SN with essentially nothing but flakes.

Drove thru your area Saturday on my way to Eustis and all the way to Sugarloaf, There's not a lot of snow until i got into Stratton and even there it was better but not what it should be this time of years.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Drove thru your area Saturday on my way to Eustis and all the way to Sugarloaf, There's not a lot of snow until i got into Stratton and even there it was better but not what it should be this time of years.

Less in Farmington than here - corn stubble sticking up thru the snow.

Not holding my breath for the weekend (doubt anyone here is) as last Wednesday I was hearing "foot or more for the foothills" and by the next day forecasts had - accurately - gone into the crapper.  Wake me Friday morning (though I'll be peeking from now until then. :weenie:)

Just now, tamarack said:

Less in Farmington than here - corn stubble sticking up thru the snow.

Not holding my breath for the weekend (doubt anyone here is) as last Wednesday I was hearing "foot or more for the foothills" and by the next day forecasts had - accurately - gone into the crapper.  Wake me Friday morning (though I'll be peeking from now until then. :weenie:)

Yeah, Unless we catch this next one here, Its looks like trailering back your way is going to become common over this next month or so.