Total Members
    Most Online
    BlckJckKhoWX
    Newest Member
    BlckJckKhoWX
40/70 Benchmark

NYE Mess Obs

26 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Love that area down to Wolfeboro. Wish we were there.

Ya it’s a great area. Tons of fun in the summer and winter. I’m lucky the parents have the cabin up here and I can visit whenever I want.

Still moderate/borderline heavy snow. Should end up with over a foot and conditions on the slopes will be awesome tomorrow. Big bummer if this weekends system turns everything back into a block of ice. 

• Like 1

Just now, KoalaBeer said:

Ya it’s a great area. Tons of fun in the summer and winter. I’m lucky the parents have the cabin up here and I can visit whenever I want.

Still moderate/borderline heavy snow. Should end up with over a foot and conditions on the slopes will be awesome tomorrow. Big bummer if this weekends system turns everything back into a block of ice. 

Frozen on the front end, Frozen on the backend, Not a whole lot in between it seems right now.

Woof, York and Cumberland Counties are going to be big busts for us. Totals will end up okay on the scale of busts, but messaging of a break in the precip and it just never materialized.

9.5” on the day for me.

45 minutes ago, geo1 said:

I would rethink if your conditions are like here. Heavy ass 2” and it is really hard to move! 

Geez no, I didn't get that much, just enough to cover the grass, didn't realize you got that much up there until I saw Ray's post.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Woof, York and Cumberland Counties are going to be big busts for us. Totals will end up okay on the scale of busts, but messaging of a break in the precip and it just never materialized.

9.5” on the day for me.

Portland gets smacked.  Beautiful scenes on the web cams

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

9.5” on the day for me.

A bust is a bust, But when there positive its more palatable..........:)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

A bust is a bust, But when there positive its more palatable..........:)

People are BY FAR more tolerant when there’s a positive bust. The pitchforks come out when followers are told expect x amount of snow and they wake up to brown grass. At least if you predict 6” and 12 drops people are prepared for travel issues, etc..

It’s the worst to cancel plans when you really didn’t have to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

People are BY FAR more tolerant when there’s a positive bust. The pitchforks come out when followers are told expect x amount of snow and they wake up to brown grass. At least if you predict 6” and 12 drops people are prepared for travel issues, etc..

It’s the worst to cancel plans when you really didn’t have to.

Yes, Exactly, The negative ones really can hurt the reputation, Much easier to take them up if needed then to have to back track.

Just now, dryslot said:

Yes, Exactly, The negative ones really can hurt the reputation, Much easier to take them up if needed then to have to back track.

I’ve had pressure packed jobs but I have to say that trying to forecast is ahead of almost everything. Especially coming at it without being a met. We’re fortunate to have two mets as part of the team who can help us commoners see the fuller picture and nuance at times, but when you’re out on your own and you know followers need to know whether they can get to chemo, close business, or delay travel you feel an obligation to give everything you can to get it right. I haven’t slept much this month lol.

• Like 3

Just got home from the restaurant. The road are a wreck.

Thunderstorm? Crazy! We had several very close strikes down by the greenfield rotary. Saw a few firetrucks head over to Bjs. Pretty sure the restaurant itself or the immediate area got stuck twice. Both times the entire computer system went down due to surges. Had several outlets in the kitchen throw sparks. My cooks freaked out, lol. Lost the ability to process credit cards for a few hours, which sucked. Between that and the water main break outside the store on Saturday night, I've had a few unlucky shifts at work. ... it's times like this when being the guy in charge isn't fun.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tunafish said:

2.2" of water logged new snow measured at 530, bringing the event total (final) up to 13.0".  Flip to rain must have happened around 1AM 

Liquid equivalent of 2.24"

Damn

5 hours ago, Professional Lurker said:

Just got home from the restaurant. The road are a wreck.

Thunderstorm? Crazy! We had several very close strikes down by the greenfield rotary. Saw a few firetrucks head over to Bjs. Pretty sure the restaurant itself or the immediate area got stuck twice. Both times the entire computer system went down due to surges. Had several outlets in the kitchen throw sparks. My cooks freaked out, lol. Lost the ability to process credit cards for a few hours, which sucked. Between that and the water main break outside the store on Saturday night, I've had a few unlucky shifts at work. ... it's times like this when being the guy in charge isn't fun.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Yikes, man I don't miss those days. 

• Like 1

At 7 we'd had 3.5" from 0.46" LE, tiny flakes at mid 20s for a 7.6-to-one ratio.  Only need another half inch plus to make it the season's biggest event so far.  The good bands seem to fall apart as they move north from Androscoggin County to Franklin, though maybe that's due to increasing miles from GYX.