Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New Year Storm Thread 12/29-01/01

dryslot

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s strengthening each run. Where is Warmer trends coming from?

GFS at 18z was a couple tics warmer but i don't care where that is right now as most know about how it handles the thermals, Euro was a tic or two better, That's what matters more i think.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Right now I'm fully expecting a 35F Rainer for most of the event...then maybe transitioning to ZR/IP later in the event and eventually some light snow. But if we see euro tick a little colder than it already is, then I'll start becoming concerned for bigger ice. 12z run was a sleet bomb for my area and prob ZR for you, but I'm expecting this to tick warmer again as we get closer with that monster ULL out to the west...so I want to see some colder trends first before it comes back warmer again....that leaves wiggle room. 

I'd be a little suprised if I end up mainly rain with that high...

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not a bad look for CAD at the end of the 18z ECM.  That’s got a warming aloft while wedging south at the surface look.

56276E3D-5932-45A9-A67A-6D98ADD2BA62.thumb.png.ba782574ab2ddf000c1a74d35d8ad40b.png

Good direction for here to stay wedged too with that HP posistion nosing in from the NE, Doubt we would warm at the surface at all throughout the event.

So...the latest is the high pressure to our north is going to dig its heels in, which will drain the cold air into the area, and, looks to pop another storm of the coast Monday eve. Right now, it looks to be an icy mix for inland Connecticut. Things are still evolving though, so, we'll see. Can't we get a big ole snowstorm.. Yes..I'm a WEENIE!!! LOL

• Weenie 1

Euro based guess at this point. Brian 4 to 8 Gene to Jeffafafa 8 to 12 then Hunchie Ray 3 to 6 Hippy to ORH 2 to 4 with sleet ice snow. Jerry  Boston South of Pike to 84 1 to 3, a period of snow sleet ice south of that maybe an inch with NCT Mass border 2 with maybe .2 ice? Still early. Lots of qpf so if that 7h collapses like the Euro has the potential from the SVT CVT area over to Brian, Gene to Jeffafafa is for high end foot plus amounts. 

• Like 2