Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New Year Storm Thread 12/29-01/01

dryslot

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

If you are without power for more than two days, just book a nice hotel or an air b n b. Much cheaper.  
I don’t get the generator thing.   

I have lost power 12 times since 2011, bought a portable gas generator for 550 dollars.  Hooked it up to my meter through an Eversource rebate program for 150 dollars. I like heat lights and water and so do my wife and dogs. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I have lost power 12 times since 2011, bought a portable gas generator for 550 dollars.  Hooked it up to my meter through an Eversource rebate program for 150 dollars. I like heat lights and water and so do my wife and dogs. 

That’s nuts you have lost it so many times.  In that case I understand.  Since the 2008 ice storm(5 days) I have lost it one time due to a July lightning strike (less than one day) I have considered a portable but so far it has not been needed. 

I will admit that they admitted before, I became a little negative about the way the pattern has been as of late. But in my defense, I did have some surgery, and I was on some pain medications that I'm not used to and never take. I think that had a lot to do with me feeling more negative LOL. I'm sure and the pattern will change. To anyone there who is concerned or worried that winter is over, don't be. It's not. I promise it'll be back and everyone will be happy, well except for Dr. Dews...lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah that’s cold for sure.

Just now, weathafella said:

Press back on-full court

4 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

How we long for the  "woah!!!"  comments about  how cold it's shifted rather than the 'ticks' comments.  Sort of like the pre- Boxing Day GFS.

Not quite the 'woah', but solid reaction from Jerry and Scott.  :)

• Haha 1