Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New Year Storm Thread 12/29-01/01

dryslot

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Was that for just the generator and its installation and hookup, or did it include purchase/installation/initial fill-up of the propane tank(s)?

If you are without power for more than two days, just book a nice hotel or an air b n b. Much cheaper.  
I don’t get the generator thing.   

Depends on the value of food in fridge/freezer that spoils, and on whether outage length plus winter cold causes burst pipes.  ;)

That was with installation, but not including propane hookup. 

We get a decent amount of outages here, so it's worth it to me. Especially with little ones. And given our propensity to flood, there's also the consideration for sump pumps which can make a big difference. It was worth it to me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

So 

part 1 is colder

and part 2 is a Rainer on euro for most outside those up and in or ice for inland SNE on part 2 as well 

Second round is mainly rain this run, maybe some snow/sleet in the elevated interior, monads ext. 

Most of the damage is with the initial waa surge. I'm a little skeptical how much it warms the sfc across the interior on Tuesday. The high does start to retreat, but if we get a solid cold tuck it will be hard to move imo 

13 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Second round is mainly rain this run, maybe some snow/sleet in the elevated interior, monads ext. 

Most of the damage is with the initial waa surge. I'm a little skeptical how much it warms the sfc across the interior on Tuesday. The high does start to retreat, but if we get a solid cold tuck it will be hard to move imo 

Better push of cold that run and a faster retreat makes me skeptical that would happen.