• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

EPS are decent. After our marginal storm threat next weekend, they are trying to return to the +PNA pattern....almost with some split flow out west too, so there would be southern streamers in the mix. We don't have the huge -EPO though, prob just mildly negatuve....but we don't need it if we can keep the +PNA look there. Jan and early February 2001 played out that way actually.

4 hours ago, jbenedet said:

I think the day 8 system comes back as at least SECS. And first one of the season to watch that has a appreciable shot at becoming a MECS...SNE also in the game on this ...My first *low* confidence guess...

Agree.

Gave this potential a shout out in last Sunday's blog.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Still looks assy.

We just can’t shake the lower hgts in Ak. What once looked like a sustainable cold stretch next week has morphed into a few cold days. Coldest part of winter(especially further north then me) we don’t need a ice box but we are above normal after Thursday. Eps hinting at a swfe last week of January as snow mean creeps up. 

5 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

We just can’t shake the lower hgts in Ak. What once looked like a sustainable cold stretch next week has morphed into a few cold days. Coldest part of winter(especially further north then me) we don’t need a ice box but we are above normal after Thursday. Eps hinting at a swfe last week of January as snow mean creeps up. 

Yeah it could work out here, but that’s certainly not the greatest look overall. 

• Like 1

I’m heading to NH this weekend. Might have a chance to meet up with a few of the posters who live up north.

At some point I also want to explore Vermont, but when I booked, guidance wasn’t looking as good for Stowe, plus I was told it gets crowded on MLK weekend.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

There's some EPS support for GGEM type solution. It's not out of the question. Keep an open mind on that d6-10 pattern though. Quite uncertain. 

that's a spring bowler on that GGEM ...hands down... Relaxed flow marginality amid a plate of spaghetti look ..that is vintage late March - actually not as bad with the noodles as the Euro though

Oper. Euro wasn't far off...just 'that much' less sculpted/refined in design, otherwise it's the same weird bag of amorphous, ill-defined negative turner.  GGEM's more robust by inches, but enough to cool the column through a blue changer-over, as well as the middling cyclonic response running up the coast.  Get few knots in the vortmax and bore 6 dm out of the core, and that Euro solution does the same thing... 

Which, I have been watching the 25-27th for days...  days.  The GEFs ensembles, every single one, have some kind of EC proximate cyclogenesis going on around that time, and have for quite a while. 

This is a weird pattern ... there's post above about panic over whether the pattern changes... I find it laughable.. .OF course it changed!  good Christ... It's almost like, if it doesn't change into what they want, cryo-dystoian bliss, it ain't changing.   hahaha.   Man, gotta love the reasonability of court-yard rabble.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

I mean it’s 8 days out, there is hope for everyone at this point. We have seen plenty of modeling head-fakes and near term changes this season. I’d assume this is no different. Let’s give it some time. We can start to panic if on Friday it’s a raging cutter to Quebec. 

Give me a press.

• Haha 2