Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

37 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Yeah but you're trolling ️ ☺️ doesn't bother me but just saying...

I believe he likes warmer weather.... he's trolling the same as some of us do in the summer who enjoy cooler/lower humidity weather. 

It's weird but we as a forum were bound to find someone who doesn't care for cold and snow.  Forky is another one and everyone calls him a troll.  But I guess it would be extremely difficult to post on this board in the winter in the winter without trolling if you aren't extremely pro-snow. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I believe he likes warmer weather.... he's trolling the same as some of us do in the summer who enjoy cooler/lower humidity weather. 

It's weird but we as a forum were bound to find someone who doesn't care for cold and snow.  Forky is another one and everyone calls him a troll.  But I guess it would be extremely difficult to post on this board in the winter in the winter without trolling if you aren't extremely pro-snow. 

I don't see anyone trolling in summer like he does. Sorry he adds absolutely nothing to this forum.  Just an asshole if you ask me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, fz583 said:

God no, when your on Rt.1 you better be paying close attention to the speed limits, but yes once on 95 you can boogie, I keep my sled in the bed of my truck, no trailer and I have air bags so I don't even know its in there, and my good time was also the result of only one quick bathroom stop and fuel top off.

You may have passed me somewhere between Bangor and Augusta Sunday afternoon. I saw a couple trucks with Mass plates and sleds in back fly by. 

12 hours ago, dendrite said:

A bit of a MOS battle in spots tomorrow. I haven't followed the EC a lot so I'm curious how it fares...

ICAO NAM/GFS/ECM
CON 35/39/43
BDL 44/48/52
ORH 43/45/48
BED 42/45/50

Current MOS

CON 43/43/42

BDL 51/51/50

Congrats Euro MOS it appears

12 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

You average maybe 40-50" a year, you're at 21.1.  That's one decent snowstorm and a few throw aways from average. Hardly a bad winter so far, definitely not great

BDL's long term average is 49.3" and they're 3" above that for the past 20 years.  That's at about 170' asl and I think Ginxy has significantly more elevation.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

BDL's long term average is 49.3" and they're 3" above that for the past 20 years.  That's at about 170' asl and I think Ginxy has significantly more 

Foster RI, higher up and further inland than Sterling or whatever averages mid 50's or thereabouts. The vast majority of East central CT averages 40-50, which is what I am concerned with.

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Current MOS

CON 43/43/42

BDL 51/51/50

Congrats Euro MOS it appears

Wondering of those other models had the right idea before they caved....guess there could still be a spike this afternoon, but starting to doubt it

Feb4_12pmObs.gif

46F.  The beat goes on as far as+ departures go.  Coming up on 2 weeks now of + with only 1 day in there below.  Only 7 days below normal since Jan 1st.  And tack on anther 10 days to end December above normal.  So over a 45 day span, 1/2 of Winter, only 16% of that days have averaged below normal.

8 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

46F.  The beat goes on as far as+ departures go.  Coming up on 2 weeks now of + with only 1 day in there below.  Only 7 days below normal since Jan 1st.  And tack on anther 10 days to end December above normal.  So over a 45 day span, 1/2 of Winter, only 16% of that days have averaged below normal.

The pattern has been so incredibly hostile towards snow, when you look at it all together, it’s not just bad luck it hasn’t snowed.  It’s a bad pattern.  

Cant run these departures for 45 days and expect much winter.  +2 to +3 can be worked with but +7 to +9?

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The pattern has been so incredibly hostile towards snow, when you look at it all together, it’s not just bad luck it hasn’t snowed.  It’s a bad pattern.  

Cant run these departures for 45 days and expect much winter.  +2 to +3 can be worked with but +7 to +9?

Pretty much, you can only polish a turd so much

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Definitely not down here but further N you have greater margin on average temps below freezing. 

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Definitely not down here but further N you have greater margin on average temps below freezing. 

Yeah I think JSpin and I have spitballed this many times, but sort of settled on +3 to +4 up here as where we can still be above normal snow at those temps.  But even we see below normal snow at +7.  

Its just hard to build a pack at those departures, despite having snow on the ground the whole month, it’s rotted in that 4-8” range for a long time under 1000ft.

39 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Didnt realize it was that bad, I would think Feb/March should be better, law of averages and all that.