Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

4 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Bottom line, you can't assess the complete winter until all the data is in and then it's not based on just one data point.  Even if it's the mildest winter, it's still a winter.

C'mon...we all know what he means and that it isn't literal. There's no need to put lipstick on a pig. For many in SNE it's been below normal snow and well above normal temps. IOW, a non-existent winter for your standards.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

C'mon...we all know what he means and that it isn't literal. There's no need to put lipstick on a pig. For many in SNE it's been below normal snow and well above normal temps. IOW, a non-existent winter for your standards.

Maybe he’s sugar high on maple syrup. It’s been non existent with record warmth and near record low snows since mid December. But hey it’s still winter! 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

At least it’s still winter in NNE even with the pig. I remember I went up there to escape in Feb 2012. It was worse up there in 2012 vs this year, but still had full snow and ice cover. 

No doubt. That year was worse and so was 15/16. 05/06 was worse too. This one has been below average in some respects but I’ve had snow in my yard since November 12, though it got down to patches at least once. It hasn’t been able build deep pack or sustain cold temps so some winter activities have been hampered. 

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m not surprised.... this is a close second to that season.... all we need is to completely punt March and we’re in business 

At least 11/12 had an all timer anomalous event before season even began here, I know not out east, but...that’s what it will take this season to beat that winter. Need a huge event to soften the blow now.

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

At least it’s still winter in NNE even with the pig. I remember I went up there to escape in Feb 2012. It was worse up there in 2012 vs this year, but still had full snow and ice cover. 

I have more snow now than I did that whole season. And it was my first full winter up here too. :lol: