• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12

December Discobs 2019

16 minutes ago, yoda said:

Anybody out there in NW VA where the radar says its precipitating? Is that snow?  I am guessing @WinterWxLuvr that's your area?

Yes it's moderate snow with decent flake size here in Charles Town. Was pleasantly surprised when I looked outside. Already getting dusted.

• Like 1

Guidance had been pretty consistent on weakening this snow band and confining the remnants to northern MD, but the 00z NAM and the Hi-Res Windows now bring a dusting all the way south to Montgomery/Howard Counties (and some even into northern part of DC/PG County).     Hoping to wake up to a coating here in southern Howard.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, mappy said:

Measured .1” 

DCEC2ABE-4437-4EEE-8908-95577AB5E178.jpeg

Even your snow sticks better.  Look how it can cling to the side of the wood on the deck railing!!!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Even your snow sticks better.  Look how it can cling to the side of the wood on the deck railing!!!!!

lol I know. Not sure why the site rotates they pic when I upload. Either way, it snowed and I measured 

• Weenie 1

Just now, CentralVaNATS said:

Car topper FWIW in NW Stafford bc2b5967f3ebf6d363d55a1dfb5a6abc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Road that treacherous?  Not sure you should be taking pics of the top of your car if it flipped.  Call 911 first.  snow pics can wait.

Road that treacherous?  Not sure you should be taking pics of the top of your car if it flipped.  Call 911 first.  snow pics can wait.
For some reason the picture loaded up sideways. Car is fine. Still drivable

1 minute ago, CentralVaNATS said:

For some reason the picture loaded up sideways. Car is fine. Still drivable

Don't mind me.  i'm just being a lovable smarty pants.  Just ask everyone here.  

• Like 1

Got precip overnight but temps didn’t cooperate it looks like. Actually spiked while it was snowing or raining. Either way just wet now. 

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Got precip overnight but temps didn’t cooperate it looks like. Actually spiked while it was snowing or raining. Either way just wet now. 

Actually, my windshield is all frozen over now. But did see about a dozen beautiful dendrites stuck to the roof of my car! More snow than I saw in December 2018...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

This. If it was flakes here I have no evidence. Just wet. 

not a thing in Hunt Valley -- as expected, got south of Belfast road and poof, snow was all gone. 

Congrats Carroll County residents on your snow! 

• Like 2

not a thing in Hunt Valley -- as expected, got south of Belfast road and poof, snow was all gone. 
Congrats Carroll County residents on your snow! 

Mappy, here in 21093 west of 83, we had a car topper, deck coating and mulch covered in spots. Just a trace...
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff B said:

Mappy, here in 21093 west of 83, we had a car topper, deck coating and mulch covered in spots. Just a trace...

being west of 83 saved you, i'm sure. little elevation that way. fozz used to live west of 83 too and would always get more at his house than me here at the office off Schilling.