Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Discobs 2019

George BM

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

I still like it cold as we near Xmas. So the last few days have been good. 

You are probably old enough to remember the cold at Christmas in 83 and 89. Not sure what it was like up here but living in swva at the time it was brutal. In 89 it had been so cold and I was so acclimated to the cold that I spent about an hour outside hanging a few extra lights for my grandmother with temps in the low teens and snow falling on Christmas Day with no jacket or gloves and never once even felt cold. 83 was just bitter cold.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

You are probably old enough to remember the cold at Christmas in 83 and 89. Not sure what it was like up here but living in swva at the time it was brutal. In 89 it had been so cold and I was so acclimated to the cold that I spent about an hour outside hanging a few extra lights for my grandmother with temps in the low teens and snow falling on Christmas Day with no jacket or gloves and never once even felt cold. 83 was just bitter cold.

My brother was born 12/19/89 in Philly. The hospital delayed letting our parents take him home by 2 days because it was so cold out. My dad still says it was the coldest he can rever remember it being in his now 67 years on this planet.

21 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

83 vs 89 lows here-

24th     25th     26th

-2            -9            -4

-9            -6            12

I remember Xmas Eve of 83.  My dad had one of those vans with the slider window.  I opened it on the trek to north Jersey from south Jersey to my grandmothers it froze open and we all had to drive home 60 miles on the parkway that night with the freezer door open.  Good times.  It was 2F 

12 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

My brother was born 12/19/89 in Philly. The hospital delayed letting our parents take him home by 2 days because it was so cold out. My dad still says it was the coldest he can rever remember it being in his now 67 years on this planet.

89 was brutal in Nov-Dec, especially Dec.

The flip that happened about a week after Christmas was remarkable.

50 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

In swva it snowed a couple of days after Christmas. Temps right around freezing which was a big warmup. It then didn’t snow another flake until St. Patrick’s Day.

My god.  That is an epic nightmare.  Imagine if there was a forum back then.  Panic room would have been a cremation room

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic