December Discobs 2019

40 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Chilly rain, 38F.

14 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

Cloudy, misty, and 37 in Gainesville. 

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

34 and rain

Meteorological winter is upon us.

Long range Hrrr puts down some decent accumulations across northern Md tomorrow.  1-3" for a big fwiw . I'll hug it.:weenie: Majority of guidance still looking good for at least some ull action .

Currently 34 and :raining:

Hrrr tomorrow mid morning . Nice heavy band .

Edit...12z nam looks very similar.  Gets some 1-2" + accumulations across the northern tier.

PhotoPictureResizer_191201_085848523_crop_1299x1881.jpg

• Like 2

3k NAM looks pretty good for snow showers tomorrow and maybe accumulation for northern 1/3rd of the subforum in MD :weenie:

• Like 4

33 and rain, have had sleet come through once or twice. Loving the NAM and HRRR for tomorrow up here

• Like 3

Euro sizable shift sw with accumulating snows . Now looks similar to nam , longgg range Hrrr for north and ne Md .

2" line shifted at least 60 -70 miles sw from last run

• Like 1

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Euro sizable shift sw with accumulating snows . Now looks similar to nam , longgg range Hrrr for north and ne Md 

Was just going to say the same thing....heavier precip right on the MD line now.  I may be too far west but you and folks NE could be in for a surprise.  Elevation will def help...

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I was hoping to get updates from you today.

My son and I left just after halftime. He was soaked and cold. Rain soaked through 4 layers. The snow was mixing in during the heavier bursts. Total slush meteors. Probably saw them only because I was like 200 feet above field level :lol:

• Like 1

Latest HRRRRRRR has a nice burst of snow across MD pre-dawn tomorrow.  Most models now show that slug of precip developing...

Most guidance really busted high on high temps.  Euro had low 40s here . Currently 34 . Should bode well for tomorrow morning if snow moves in .

Down to 33 currently 

8 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Most guidance really busted high on high temps.  Euro had low 40s here . Currently 34 . Should bode well for tomorrow morning if snow moves in .

NAM wins this one. This is what it’s good for.

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

NAM wins this one. This is what it’s good for.

All in on accumulating snow 

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Down to 33 currently 

Definitely.  Leaving work in Hanover PA and only 35 degrees.  Its colder now then it was this morning on the way in

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Down to 33 currently 

Ditto here, NWS forecast was for a 52 high with clearing skies, I've been 39, 40, 41 all day and still socked in the fog/drizzle/mist. WWA's and WSW's up for just west tonight thru Tuesday now.

32 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Ditto here, NWS forecast was for a 52 high with clearing skies, I've been 39, 40, 41 all day and still socked in the fog/drizzle/mist. WWA's and WSW's up for just west tonight thru Tuesday now.

Hrrr still playing catchup with temps . Initialized around 37-38 imby and it's been 33-34 past hour here.