Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

Our station in Ct.. Wtnh is now saying they are down playing the totals and that Monday will be mostly dry with light showers of snow sleet.  3-5 for my area.  But, I'm seeing otherwise on here. What is going on?

They are correct. Could still change but Monday’s daytime precip is mostly showery. 

Our station in Ct.. Wtnh is now saying they are down playing the totals and that Monday will be mostly dry with light showers of snow sleet.  3-5 for my area.  But, I'm seeing otherwise on here. What is going on?

WTNH has always sucked since I was a lil kid.  But I’ll be honest...if we get slotted like it’s been showing, then 3-5 is reasonable.  That 12 k Nam shows us with 13 inches...ya that’s not happening either. There’s a lot of sleet in that it’s counting as snow. 

• Like 1

I don't envy the pro mets down there and especially the on-air folks who have to stand in front of the cameras with a forecast.  Boom or bust potential is very high in CT in general.

This storm is just not ours in Connecticut. And, hey.. Only 7 times of 6+" in over 123 years. This was a lot of angst over the last few days tracking this storm. I'm just going to sit back and watch the Albany area get the big snows! We Will see ours. We will!!

When you’re in the jackpot(or very close to it)   3-4 days out...that’s always the kiss of death 95% of the time. And that’s what was happening here. 

If we pick up 3-5 inches...it’s a win.  Too bad we couldn’t get into the big goods.  But maybe next time around? 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

00z RGEM looks a bit cooler. Might be a function of dynamics. A very healthy WCB so far.

CT peeps will be happy with round 2. Gets going there by Monday afternoon...48h panel looks like its getting primed to hit SNE a lot more too....prob good in the 54 and 60 frames...but we have to wait until meteocentre maps.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Probably not far off. It always feels like Joe F is on the cusp of a coronary when I happen to tune in to WTNH. I miss the days of Dr. Mel and Geoff Fox. Might I make a shameless plug and suggest NBC30?

Just now, bristolri_wx said:

That 3K NAM map is misleading - the 12K NAM has a huge chunk of precipitation occurring between hours 60 and 72 over eastern New England.  So we should start being able to compare by the 6Z run early Sunday AM...

3k was still meh compared to 12k.