Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

WTNH has always sucked since I was a lil kid.  But I’ll be honest...if we get slotted like it’s been showing, then 3-5 is reasonable.  That 12 k Nam shows us with 13 inches...ya that’s not happening either. There’s a lot of sleet in that it’s counting as snow. 

With Joe Fury recently taking over as co-chief meteorologist, I must disagree.  Fury is a legend.  Best radio Meteorologist of all time WTIC radio.  But here in N. Madison.....not expecting much with this one.  I’ll be happy with 1 to 3 inches at this point.  

• Like 1

Just now, CTSkywarn said:

With Joe Fury recently taking over as co-chief meteorologist, I must disagree.  Fury is a legend.  Best radio Meteorologist of all time WTIC radio.  But here in N. Madison.....not expecting much with this one.  I’ll be happy with 1 to 3 inches at this point.  

You know..I do agree with that.  I forgot that Joe took over, and I agree that he is very good.  Loved him on TIC am 1080 when he was there. But before him..I never found them that good compared to the other two major stations. 

FWIW, the 3km NAM lost the HRRRx as a torch ally. HRRRx looks pretty similar to the RGEM...just maybe not quite as zonked on the QPF. But it has the sleet line in a similar spot at 03z tomorrow night...from about Kevin's fanny over to BDL and eastward to Fozz's new digs.

5 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

True.  Hard to believe either considering there is such a discrepancy between them out to hour 60.  We should be able to believe that the 3K is more accurate because it's higher resolution, but, it's still the NAM. :D

Its blown chunks in the midwest with this. I dont know if its right but its an outlier. Also the GFS has been atrocious out there with its warming

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, CTSkywarn said:

I agree with you. Joe Furey is one of my most favorite and trusted meteorologists. He's passionate oh, really gets into the details, and shares it with his viewers. This just is not our storm

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

CT peeps will be happy with round 2. Gets going there by Monday afternoon...48h panel looks like its getting primed to hit SNE a lot more too....prob good in the 54 and 60 frames...but we have to wait until meteocentre maps.

Really just Canadian guidance helping CT.

17 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

This storm is just not ours in Connecticut. And, hey.. Only 7 times of 6+" in over 123 years. This was a lot of angst over the last few days tracking this storm. I'm just going to sit back and watch the Albany area get the big snows! We Will see ours. We will!!

Agreed brother. Once every few years it happens.

Fun to track regardless!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Its blown chunks in the midwest with this. I dont know if its right but its an outlier. Also the GFS has been atrocious out there with its warming

heh...the cold biased GFS still finding ways to blow chunks by being too warm in storm systems.

• Like 1